Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question HELP!! Need Help With Paint Codes!

My dad and I are restoring a Bronco and were both big fans of the classic Porsche colors in the 50s-70s. We found three codes on rennbow along with the three digit code. PPG store says codes are invalid. Can anyone help with how we can go about getting similar paint codes for ppg or another source for the paint altogether.

1970 911 Leaf Green code: 62163
1977 911 Light Green metallic code: 266
1953 356 Palm Green code: 526

My dad and I really appreciate all the help you can give us!

Old 07-09-2019, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

leaf green ( blattgrun ) the code is 218 used in 1972 to 1973
light green met ( hellgrun ) the code is 275 under 1978 to 1981
palm green ( palmengrun ) code is 526 used in 1950 to 1953

the names , codes and dates used are off the top of my head i could be wrong.
so you may need to double check.
i'm not surprised that PPG doesn't have the info your dealing with a paint CO more geared to the us car market looking for codes for porsche.
you will be better off going to BASF and getting the paint you need for a basf jobber.
BASF IS THE PAINT CO THAT PORSCHE USES .
Even if PPG has the code they may not have the formula right so the color could be way the hell off from what it should be.
when ferrari switched from basf glasurit to PPG even black wouldn't match if you had to repaint a ferrari. it was so bad ferrari switched back to BASF after 5 years.

on a side note i have a 1966 bronco coming in in a month or so for new rear QTR's.
the customer cut them some years ago to get bigger tires on it and now wants to return it back to stock. 'im not doing anything else other then the metal work he is going to do the body and paint work him self again. he told me all they offer are half QTR panels and he's not good at welding and doesn't want to warp them.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

962 Porsche

you were a tremendous help!
thank you so much

We are putting a Coyote motor in the Bronco and have put a lot of time in setting up this build to stand out. Thank you for helping with the codes and BASF!

Old 07-10-2019, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: