Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
coolcavaracing.com

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Kroggers
Best way to measure, cut and install front valance grill?

OK, body experts. I have an aftermarket front valance with a huge cut-out for my front mount cooler. I have just picked-up a engine deck lid grill that I will cut to fit and install, but not sure what is the best approach.

The hole in the front valance is square, but not 100% streight - fibreglass

Here is a picture of the car with the front valance, so you can see what I am talking about...

So my first question is how do I get a good template from the hole to be able to cut the engine grill to fit perfect?

Then the second question, what is the best way to attach the grill to the valance?

Any expert advice greatly appreciated
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Bird. It's the word...

Garage
Are you taking the bumper off? I'd stick cardboard or paper over the rear part of the opening and then get a water spray bottle with water and food dye and lightly spray a coloured "mist" to leave the correct shape on the paper/cardboard.

The water and dye should just wash off the paint.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: