Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

E-Primer Clarification

When referred to e-primer, is it Etching Primer or Epoxy Primer?

2006 997.1 Carrera S Cabriolet
Old 08-06-2012, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Epoxy Primer
Old 08-07-2012, 02:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

it's one or the other . it's just a short way to write ( epoxy or etching primer ) so as a tech rep we would just write our TDS as E-primer if we did not need to be specific about which one .
Old 08-07-2012, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wndsnd View Post
When referred to e-primer, is it Etching Primer or Epoxy Primer?
I am confused like you. I used an etching primer (the green stuff) before I used the black epoxy primer. Based on the Sikkens rep directions (yes 962porsche has already scolded me for not using Glasurit) I just a wee bit more than dusted the etching primer and then used the black primer for block sanding.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

did i scold you it's just some people like shooting them selfs in the foot .
Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 962porsche View Post
did i scold you it's just some people like shooting them selfs in the foot .
I hear you. Car owner knew a guy that is a Sikkens rep and was insistent...... What you gonna do?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

dkbautosports.com

i knew a akzo nobel rep also back 30 plus years ago . he gave me all the paint to airbrush my car . i got it almost all finished and when i went to do the last little bit of finish work the the airbrushing the dam thing lifted on me . now every bit of the car was airbrushed with about 1500 hours in just the airbrush work . i had to strip it all back down and start all over again .
thats when i went to BASF and never looked back . the rep lied to me it was known that sikkens has a lifting problem when you paint it over it's self but he said it would be just fine . any paint system you can't spray it's own product over it's self is just junk !
when i was opening my body shop i was looking for a paint systems . the sikkens rep got wind of me looking for paint systems and stopped in to see if he could set up a demo . if i put down here what i told hi all you would see is you ****en piece of **** get the **** out of my ****en shop and don't ever walk back in to my ****en shop ever . your ****en paint system sucks and i would never let that ****en crap in my shop !
Old 08-23-2012, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 962porsche View Post
the rep lied to me it was known that sikkens has a lifting problem when you paint it over it's self but he said it would be just fine .
Now that is a pretty good example of shooting yourself in the foot.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: