Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Need help finding color code

hey guys, I know this is a Porsche forum but its for my 944, Does anyone know what this color code is? I believe its a standard color as I have seen it multiple times. I seriously love the color but I just cant seem to find any color codes for anything like it. Closest thing I found to it was the midnight blue from Valspar.

UPDATE: I found the color is called BLU HERA, thats all though, no color code

Old 09-14-2013, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

yes it's the OE standered color and you have the name right of blu hera mica #0054 used from 2000 to date . i just painted the side of my friends car that same color two weeks ago the same car the same color . that color does look great in person out in the sun light the pearl blue used in the formula makes it high light the sharp body lines so that would also look real good on a 944 with the sharp lines the 944 body has .
Old 09-14-2013, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Hmm do you know where you can get the paint? Valspar is preferred.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

i do in CT but your CAL. ? so i have no idea ! but you can just google automotive paint suppliers in your area . Valspar is not big around here for auto finishes BASF , Dusnot and
Piss Pore Gloss aka PPG are the big sellers . if your looking for a low price coating you could go with limco , it's a basf paint line and because BASF is what lambo uses for there coatings you know it will be a dead nuts match to the real lambo color . how ever all top paint CO's make lower priced paint lines for the DIYers . if cost is no big deal you may just look for glasurit 55 line as that is the paint lambo uses . well they use the glasurit 90 line which is there water base paint system but non the less it's glasurit .
Old 09-14-2013, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Stopped by the Porsche dealership today, found the dark blue metallic is really close to the blu hera, the dealer gave me a sample, the color code and the body shop is letting me know where to get the paint.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

if it's the porsche color aqua blau met. code M5R it's nothing like the lambo color . the porsche color D5Q marine blau is also not the same . they don't have the same pearl in them to give it the same effect when the light hits it .
you can by paint at any auto body supply store you can even buy what you need on line .
Old 09-15-2013, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
its not, Its literally called dark blue metallic, its on the Porsche website on the 911 and cayman
Old 09-15-2013, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

you may want to look at the colors in person because 39N dark blue met. is even farther away from the lambo color and the other two porsche colors i listed .
so your not real looking for the lambo color or any thing like it .
Old 09-16-2013, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I saw the lambo color in person and loved it, I saw the new dark blue met at the Porsche dealership and loved it more
Old 09-17-2013, 11:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: