Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Replacing hard brake lines: Tips?

Steering box and crossmember out. Doing some "while you are in there" things and brake lines are on the list.

Got a set of new lines. Front is really easy, but whats the best way to attack the main tunnel line? I tried to pull out from front but its catching on something.
Should I just pull it and then thread the new line? Concerned that there's some other thing that the line has to thread thru and maybe I should attach the new line to the old and pull thru.

Anyone have any tips, tricks, etc?

thanks!

Old 04-26-2019, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I'm in the same boat as you, I have purchased a complete brake line kit from Stoddard but have not yet installed it. I believe that the main "tunnel" line is held in place by runner grommets and a spring clip only.

David
Old 04-27-2019, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Yeah, I've removed the front lines and disconnect from the T fitting in the back. It slides a few inches doesnt want to pull all the way out... grommets and clip seem likely. I opened the cover in the back seat area where the shift coupler is but I dont see anything holding it. Would be good to know where and how to access the clips and grommets in the tunnel. Also the main tunnel line has an offset bend on one end and the rest is straight.. I dont know which side that goes on. Maybe the front? Hope someone can advise us!!
Old 04-27-2019, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I'm a bit puzzled by your question. I redid the hard brake lines on my 66 and none of them went thru the tunnel area inside the car.
CORRECTION: I dont know what I was thinking when I posted that. I guess I have blacked out the experience of replacing my gas and brake lines. Yes my hard brake line went thru the tunnel also.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
1984 924s Nile Green Metallic with bone (totaled it in the snow in Cleveland, Ohio)
1983 911 White with Cherry Red...gave away (not enough time or money to keep it running) in 2001

Last edited by echecsqueen; 05-03-2019 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: error
Old 04-27-2019, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Yes, there is a hard brake line on mine that goes thru the main tunnel... i have a '71
Old 04-27-2019, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Okay, found a thread that can help. Yes there are tabs in the tunnel and this thread has pics of them and where they are. We will have to open up at a few points from the interior.

Should I replace theses brake and fuel lines?

Old 04-28-2019, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: