Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
need help identify the part

The rubber portion of my fuel line, circled in purple in the picture, is coming apart on the outside because I guess it is so old. The line starts from the part circled in red in the picture, with a rubber line, then it is connected to a hard line going straight to the CIS.
1. Could someone let me know what is the name of the part circled in red please?
2. Could I replace just the rubber portion of this fuel line or do I need to buy the entire fuel line with the rubber line connected to the hard line as shown in the picture? Is there a technical name for this line?
Any help/advice I could get, I would much appreciate it.

Thank you

Old 07-25-2020, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
The part circled in red is the WUR, warm up regulator. The line feeds the fuel distributor. Not sure if you can just replace the rubber hose portion.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
thank you lsf911.

Would you happen to know how to replace it? Or would you know where I could get more info on how to replace it. Been googling/youtubing but I guess I don't know the right keywords to search for
Thanks
Old 07-25-2020, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Talk to Len Cummins , I’m pretty sure he sells this line .
The samE style Bosch part was used on many cars of that era .
Old 07-25-2020, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
The fuel line rubber is cracking but that is just protection for the plastic line beneath. It should be replaced but I didn't have a problem with mine until I replaced it about a year later.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Harold, I did see the plastic line beneath as you described. Do you remember if you replaced the entire line, the rubber + hard line? And where did you purchase it from?
I have not replaced something like this before. I read somewhere about having to "release the pressure". Not sure if it applies to this job or not. Or is it just a simple job where I unbolt the 2 bolts at the 2 ends of the lines and replace it?
Any advice you could share?
Thanks
Old 07-25-2020, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
hi ian c2, where can I find Len Cummins?
thanks for the info.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911euro View Post
Harold, I did see the plastic line beneath as you described. Do you remember if you replaced the entire line, the rubber + hard line? And where did you purchase it from?
I have not replaced something like this before. I read somewhere about having to "release the pressure". Not sure if it applies to this job or not. Or is it just a simple job where I unbolt the 2 bolts at the 2 ends of the lines and replace it?
Thanks
Looks like our host sells it (under $100)
https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/93011049402.htm?pn=930-110-494-02-OEM

I would leave the car overnight for the residual pressure to subside. Just unbolt the line on the cold engine.
Old 07-25-2020, 10:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
thank you pmax.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911euro View Post
Thanks
I'm not sure where I purchased the fuel line between the fuel distributor and WUR but is was a Porsche part. The factory line came with all the fittings and the protective rubber was already installed. Looking at your garage and the photo, pmax has the correct superseded fuel line, 930-110-494-02.

There will be some leakage of residual fuel from the line during the replacement even if the car sits overnight or the pressure has been relieved.

The superseded line may have an installation problem as noted here on Pelican so check the line's fit up carefully.

WARNING About part # 930 110 494 01
Old 07-26-2020, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
thank you Harold.

PP folks are awesome
Old 07-26-2020, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I received the replacement fuel line, installed it but experienced the same problem Vincent described in his post.
WARNING About part # 930 110 494 01
If someone could help me out, I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks
Old 08-01-2020, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

Porsche Crest

Return the one you just purchased if not correct.

Send me your original and I will fit new Polyamide tube with optional rubber cover.

$50 plus shipping. Please add $10 for optional Rubber Cover.

Len.Cummings at verizon.net

Old 08-02-2020, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
hi Len.Cummings, glad to know the contact and the option. Ian mentioned about you but I didn't know how to get in touch with you. Unfortunately I bought the new fuel line from our host here and I ASSumed that with the new version of the line, it would fit but it didn't seem to work out that way.
I any case, I will call our host tomorrow and see what they could do for me. I may have to contact you for a new tube and a rubber cover.
thank you
Old 08-02-2020, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Len, just tried to send you a PM but it looks like your PM box is full. It is not accepting any more messages. I sent you an email instead.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
update: received the fuel line from Len with the new polyamide tube with optional rubber cover. it worked perfectly. Thanks Len.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
ROW CIS car......

911EURO,

Looking at the picture of your motor, it seems like your car had undergone “federalization” to meet emission standard for USA cars. Where are you located? You might be able to get back to Euro spec if your state allows it.

Tony

Old 08-30-2020, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: