keep those wheels for later 35 63.64%
sell them and buy some toys 20 36.36%
Voters: 55. This poll is closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
What should I do with my Fuchs?

My cup2 wheels will arrive tomorrow and will be going on this weekend. So now I am faced with the decision of what to do with the stock wheels. They are 16 x 7 and 8 and the rears have tires with less than 3k miles. I know this is a personal decision but I have two trains of thought on this and need help making the final choice.

1. Keep them in the attic and if the day ever arrives that I sell the car I will have them to go with it. This implies that I would ever consider selling it and I don't like having that thought in the back of my head.

2. Sell them and recoup some of the cash I just spent on the new wheels and spend it on a muffler and a Steve W chip!!! This would be cool because I get new toys. Win win right??? Only downside is if I actually do end up selling it someday and the buyer wants the original wheels.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/krichard/
Old 01-28-2004, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If you have any thoughts on selling the car, keep the wheels. Most buyers looking of a reasonably original car will most likely look elsewhere if it doesn't have the Fuchs.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Keep them...but if you do sell them I am interested.

v/r
Wayne C.
83 SC
Old 01-28-2004, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Mark Wilson

I think that's the question that goes through most of our minds when changing wheels. I'd sell um.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Sell 'em. Especially since you are going to spend the money on upgrades, and not waste it on the mortgage or braces for the kids.
'87 911 Carrera '59 356 Coupe
'66 912 Speedster '99 996 Ducati
Old 01-28-2004, 09:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
so the early voting is leaning toward selling. What do these go for typically? I have no idea what I should ask for them if I decide to sell.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

UFLYICU

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ZOA NOM
I don't usually do this, but you seem like a good kid. I'll give you a full $500 bucks for the set. I'll even pay for the shipping. Don't spread it around though, I don't want people to start hitting me up every minute to buy their old stuff.

Seriously, Cups are for kids. Sell 'em, keep the Fuchs.
Racer Rix Spec911 #5

prc-racing.com
Old 01-28-2004, 10:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Heh heh I just traded my cup1s +money for a set of Fuchs. Ideally you should keep your Fuchs - just in case - but I can understand if you'd like to free up some money for additional fun with the car. Still Fuchs will always be popular wheels so you don't loose any value by waiting a year or two perhaps.

I've just read a thread on a German Porsche page regarding two 11x15 genuine RSR Fuchs in as new condition. EXPENSIVE!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 11:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
If you like the Cups, then sell the Fuchs. Zoanas' offer seems seems pretty reasonable. Tough decisions, I know... but good luck!
John
Old 01-29-2004, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
I'd keep them....you can always sell them whenever in the future.

If you do store them put a thick coat of wax (not polish) on them and don't rub off. Then to dry storage (use a desicant if possible).
Old 01-29-2004, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

keep'em...
Old 01-29-2004, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Talk to Leland -- he'll have an opinion on this one...

My own feeling is I never understood why folks go with the Cup wheels. the Fuchs are so right on the 911.

You can probably start around $1,250 or so for your current wheels. Search ebay, here, etc. for your price point and opinions.

John
Old 01-29-2004, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

What?

Garage
Sell 'em. I'm looking for a set!
CaymanS
SCWDP / GruppeB
Old 01-29-2004, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Schleprock

I also thought of Leland when reading this. When he got his first SC, he gave his Fuchs away for a song. I think it still ticks him off.

I'd keep the Fuchs. If you sell 'em, don't give 'em away. It seems used, good condition 16x8's & 16x9's are highly sought after considering that new ones go for about $700 each. The 7's aren't worth as much because they're very plentiful on the used market.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Used User

Quote:
Originally posted by unimog
Sell 'em. Especially since you are going to spend the money on upgrades, and not waste it on the mortgage or braces for the kids.
Jeez, that implies that upgrades are more important than your kid's teeth. Of course, I've seen this in racing where the car gets a part before needed family medical attention.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Bye, Bye.

So, what is really wrong with Cups anyway? I know Leland didn't like his and Mikkel traded his, but why? Was it performance, looks, build quality, or what? I am just curious.

By the way, I am a happy fuch 7's and 9's owner.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeke
Jeez, that implies that upgrades are more important than your kid's teeth. Of course, I've seen this in racing where the car gets a part before needed family medical attention.
I don't have kids so no child will be going braceless My wife may have to go without shopping one weekend this month but she will get over it eventually.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I never sell anything.
My garage is filled to the rafters with crap I've forgotten I have.
There's enough stuff to build several cars. It's a perverted hope chest. Retirement if you will.
The kids will sell that mountain a Porsche crap for a fraction of it's worth the day after they throw dirt on my carcass.

Shortly they will stop making 16" tires. 24" rims will be popular soon enough.
Don't be a packrat like me. If your car's not stock SELL THE CRAP!
Old 01-29-2004, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Keep the wheels, Fuchs are expensive and will probably be more expensive in the future. It would suck to pay more to replace them later. My two cents
Old 01-29-2004, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

sell them!
When I got my RUFs, I sold my 16x7 & 16x9 for $1500 on ebay!

Old 01-29-2004, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: