Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Hello to everyone! Go easy!

Hey everyone! I kind of came in under the radar. I have been posting a bit and I am certainly a victim of constant lurking.

There are huge amounts of knowledge here and the atmosphere is decent and not a constant bash like other sites I frequent. A good bag of tricks, loads of humor (I need that ) and group of people that are all seemingly on one level; The Porsche 911.

I am addicted to the Porsche turbo in a huge way. It curves are intoxicating and the acceleration is ethereal.

I have been on this guy to sell me his early turbo for about eight years now. He finally gave in last Thursday. I handed him a check and it was flat-bedded to the mechanics to be professionally taken out of 'mothballs'.

I was the last person to drive it in 1997. Even though the engine was cycled regularly and driven on rare occasions, it hadn't been licensed since 1986.

I won the owners trust and approval over doctors, lawyers and other affluent types that had been banging on his door to buy the P-car for years.

It is pristine with only 32,113 miles on the clock showing minimal wear.

I won big.

It's still in the shop; I haven't brought it home yet.

I'll answer any questions you might have. Iím sure Iíll have a ton for you, but go easy, I may be new but I am a bit feisty. It's the Scot Irish in me.

Iím located in the rain capitol of the world, just west of Boeingís Big Building.

Thanks for having me! Proud to be here!

-Chris

I hope you liked the run of pics. Btw, that is dust on the rear bumper
Old 05-16-2005, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hey Chris,
NICE ride....really! So did you buy it from Squire's or is that where you took it to get worked on? Good choice of shops too by the way.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Outstanding, Chris. Hope to see many more posts on the car as you sort it out. I'm guessing that you're gonna have some new brake lines installed before you drive it (I'm hoping).

Mash the gas!
Old 05-16-2005, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Az911
Nice car black 930s have always been a fav of mine

72T RS look
88 911
96 993
Old 05-16-2005, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Congrats... Yeah! another Turbo fan. What a sweet ride. Hope you get years of heaven out of it.

"It smelled like German heaven"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ySt9SeZl9s
Old 05-16-2005, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Hey, Velomann!

Squire has been the chosen mechanic since this car was new from what I was told. I really am glad he is the mechanic. He has the same passion I have. Plus he rides motorcycles. So I knew he couldnít be all bad. I wonder if that has any correlation.

I agree with you. The choice for mechanics couldn't be any better.

I bought the car from a private party.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Are you wearing motorcycle leathers in the dash picture? You must be a speed junkie!!
77 2.7 911s chocolate w/ducktail (Mr Hankey) (sold)
77 930 black (sold)
Old 05-16-2005, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

.......right on. great catch all the way around from the looks of things, i hope that the insides are as good and a minimal expense overall. see you on the street!
Old 05-16-2005, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Milt, The grocery list is already growing. I'm still not sure of what tire to go with since the ones on it are the original Centurian's and are flat from not being put on blocks or just age. And since Craig posted those RA-1's the only [bQ[/b] I have regarding tires is whether they will fit on the turbo wheels or not. Sheesh, I am new.

Steve, Black IS the only way to go.

Austin, I can't stop looking at the tail.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by flipper
Are you wearing motorcycle leathers in the dash picture? You must be a speed junkie!!
Thus the name. I'll keep my top speed hiden for awhile.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Nice car, indeed. That's got to be my favorite style tail.
Remind me, are the mid 70's Turbos 3.0L?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Nice car, congratulations. I really love the turbo bodies and that tail. Is it still wearing P7s?
'72 T gone
Old 05-16-2005, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Chris: Great looking car and you've picked a good shop. You're smart to have it gone thru after sitting so long. I didn't have time to drive mine and it sat a lot for 12 years. Often went 2 years on one tank of gas. When I got serious, I discovered a lot of little problems from sitting.
I'm sure you won't be having that problem.....We'll see you on the road...
1962 XKE Roadster (sold)
19 motorcycles
Old 05-16-2005, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by aways
Nice car, indeed. That's got to be my favorite style tail.
Remind me, are the mid 70's Turbos 3.0L?
Thanks, Allen. I agree.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

this is a great bbs, there are a few smurks but most are great, have a great time, by the way the last name is Stewart I know the scott thing, Kevin (the first name is irish)
Old 05-16-2005, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Jays72T
Nice car, congratulations. I really love the turbo bodies and that tail. Is it still wearing P7s?
It is still wearing the P7's. Flat from sitting. I've heard they are like riding on a washboard. They are coming off. Would the RA-1's work?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by LakeCleElum
Chris: Great looking car and you've picked a good shop. You're smart to have it gone thru after sitting so long. I didn't have time to drive mine and it sat a lot for 12 years. Often went 2 years on one tank of gas. When I got serious, I discovered a lot of little problems from sitting.
I'm sure you won't be having that problem.....We'll see you on the road...
Hey Bob.

My Family is from Rosilyn. My Grandfather and his 9 brothers mined the hills for coal throughout the early 1900's. Cle Elum and the area know my last name well. I am one of the 'ich's.

The list of things the mechanic has already found and fixed is long but not extensive. The clutch was stuck to the flywheel but freed up once started and depressed a few times, amongst other things.

$$$$
Old 05-16-2005, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Stewart
this is a great bbs, there are a few smurks but most are great, have a great time, by the way the last name is Stewart I know the scott thing, Kevin (the first name is irish)
Hey, Kevin. We share the same family name. My famliy to the left, if you will. I have a 'Stewart' tartan quilt on my bed as we speak!!!

No, I don't wear a kilt.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to smstcoach Send a message via Yahoo to smstcoach
Very sweet ride! It's like she has been in prison all this time and you are setting her free! If you drive in those leathers, I'm sure you won't have trouble finding the pedal on the right side.

My $.02 on tires...get RA1's. I have been using them as both street and track tires and love them for both. Not too bad on durability either (best of all dot R tires).
Old 05-16-2005, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by smstcoach
Very sweet ride! It's like she has been in prison all this time and you are setting her free! If you drive in those leathers, I'm sure you won't have trouble finding the pedal on the right side.

My $.02 on tires...get RA1's. I have been using them as both street and track tires and love them for both. Not too bad on durability either (best of all dot R tires).
That is too funny that you mentioned that. I was there to see the car after it had been dropped off (I hadn't seen the car in EIGHT years ) on my bike. Squire (the mechanic) knew I hadn't been in it and asked me if I wanted to pull it out. I politely refused because of my gangly leather clad legs.

The one leg you see in that one above pic is only my right leg. I could even get in all the way. My knee pucks kept bangin'!

Last edited by Hayabusa; 05-16-2005 at 09:17 PM..
Old 05-16-2005, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: