Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

new injectors, won't start, need help

I put in a set of matched rebuilt injectors, along with a new regulator and check valve at the pump. The check valve only goes in one way, so thats not it. pressure regulator is fine. I have pressure at the rails.
car cranks over fine, swapped DME relays, checked other pump fuse in trunk. I have spark.
i lifted up the rail a little so I could see #1 injector
shouldn't it spray fuel while I'm cranking it over?
I have voltage at the connectors with ingnition on. same part numbers on injectors.

OK I went back and swapped a new one with an old one, squirts just fine. What are the odds of six redone injectors being bad? And should I have to check each one before I return them? That was a **** load of work for nothing.
dog mad it I'm fckgniu sspised

Old 10-13-2005, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Irrationally exuberant

Garage
When I had some injectors rebuilt 1 out of 6 injectors didn't work. I was so pissed I just bought 6 new ones. In retrospect I should have called Marin (the place that did the work).
-Chris
Old 10-13-2005, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Formerly bb80sc

Caps taken off the ends of the injectors
2017 Mazda CX5
Old 10-13-2005, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

can someone explain the end caps, It seemed like one of the ones I took out the pin didn't extend or sit fluch with then end of the cap.
If the caps aren't there, no fuel would come out? is than how they work. I've just tested a couple of the new ones. two of them wouldn't stop dumping until the pressure was bled off. I think I need an education
Old 10-13-2005, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by bb80sc
Caps taken off the ends of the injectors
There's caps at the ends of the injectors?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I just put the old ones back in until I figure out what I did wrong. Runs fine now.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

"When I had some injectors rebuilt 1 out of 6 injectors didn't work."

"I just put the old ones back in until I figure out what I did wrong. Runs fine now."

- A Lesson Learned -

They CAN'T rebuild injectors! Just take a look at how they're constructed.
All they do is clean and test them, basically a waste of money.

Bottom line: If you need injectors, buy new ones from Pelican!
Automotive Electronics

'88 911 3.2
'04 GSXR1000
'01 Ducati 996
'03 BMW BCR - Gone
Old 10-13-2005, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I have six of Marren's "massaged" injectors that I was planning to use on my 2.7 rebuild. I have already installed them in new sleeves on an extra set of intake tubes I have. Is there a way to test them before putting them on the engine?

Jack
Old 10-14-2005, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

scuse me while I go out back and light another pile of money on fire.

I don't know jack about CIS car, if thats what you got going 75-911
Old 10-14-2005, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Yah Jerry, that's what I got and I love it. I paid $5,000 for a two owner car with records back to 1980 and then put another $2500 or so into wheels and tires, shocks, turbo tie rods, front Elephant bushings, ball joints, and a few other miscellaneous parts. I'm rebuilding a second motor I bought along with a set of '74 heat exchangers and a muffler to swap out what's in the car. This will cost me about $5,000 after I subtact what I made off the used parts I sold. So what I have is a $12,500 investment in a car that will probably need little more than a rear suspension update for the rest of my life.

Jack

Old 10-14-2005, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I'm with you Loren, I'm learning.
I'm also learning that PP carrera injectors are about $40 overpriced
update, 10-21
put brand new injectors in and everthing worked like a champ. I won't buy used, rebuilt, flow matched whatever, ever again

Last edited by jbrinkley; 10-21-2005 at 05:12 AM..
Old 10-14-2005, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: