Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Can't be that simple.

I'm replacing the carpet in my 911. The rear seats appear to be held against the outsides with a slotted screw/bolt and slip onto a pin in the middle.

I can't get either side to move with a pretty big screwdriver--do I just need to lay into it, or is there some trick?

'63 Morgan Tiger Cub w/original Atomic 4
Old 10-17-2005, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I had to take out those seat backs to install my bolt-in rollbar. If I recall the outside screws/bolts were not cooperative as you have found. I think used a big screw driver with a square shaft and an adjustable wrench on the shaft to turn it.

Good luck
Andrew
'88 Carrera Cab 3.2 Diamond Blue Metallic - ERP Polybronze Bushings, ERP Monoballs, SW Chip, Bilstein Sports, 930S Steering Wheel, DAS Rollbar, Sparco 5pt Harness, Hunsaker Sport Seats, Dansk Pre-Muffler, MK 1in-1out Exhaust, Magnecor KV8.5 Wires
'86 944NA, Sunroof Delete, Track Rat, Full Cage
'72 914 1.7 Guards Red / '02 Audi S4 Light Silver Metallic
Old 10-17-2005, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Yea, it's that simple.

But I had to file the end off of a wide chisel to make a super-screwdriver and then put vice grips on it to get enough torque to get mine loose.

Good luck.

Judy Is A Punk

The Ramones' earliest titles included 'I Don't Wanna Walk Around with You,' 'I Don't Wanna Go Down to the Basement,' and 'I Don't Wanna Get Involved with You.' Dee Dee later said, "We didn't write a positive song until 'Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue'."
Old 10-17-2005, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: