Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rs6er Send a message via Skype™ to rs6er
Anyone have a picture of the factory SC tool kit?

I'd like to see a picture of a complete factory tool kit for an SC. Not reallythe kit–but the tools.

Original owner '81 911SC blackmetallic coupe. Terbatrol, SSI, M+K Gen 4, SC+ cams, A/C delete, console delete, heater backdate, 7 & 8 x 16 Fuchs with polished rims, Turbo tie rods, tensioner update, Rennline engine mount bar, Mainely Custom sump plate, new top-end, corner balance.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

There are pics of the tools in this thread, but good luck in getting people to agree on what exactly should and shouldn't be in there.

Toolkits

Brian
Old 04-24-2007, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Used Up User

Garage
From the PET.

Ian

----- “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.” A. Einstein -----
Old 04-24-2007, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Mine definitely didn't come with 12 or 12A. It looked exactly like group911@aol.co's toolkit in Brian's link.
Original owner '81 911SC blackmetallic coupe. Terbatrol, SSI, M+K Gen 4, SC+ cams, A/C delete, console delete, heater backdate, 7 & 8 x 16 Fuchs with polished rims, Turbo tie rods, tensioner update, Rennline engine mount bar, Mainely Custom sump plate, new top-end, corner balance.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Used Up User

Garage
John

The one I posted is for 87-89. Go to the parts pdf for your year SC.

See Parts

Ian

----- “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.” A. Einstein -----

Last edited by imcarthur; 04-24-2007 at 06:09 PM..
Old 04-24-2007, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

My 80 has #12 in the tool kit.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by imcarthur
John

The one I posted is for 87-89. Go to the parts pdf for your year SC.

See Parts

Ian
Thanks Ian! I didn't even know that that site existed.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Pretty sure this kit had never been opened before I took this pic. None of the tools have ever been taken out or rearranged. Did they forget something? Maybe. .
Old 04-25-2007, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Anyone know what the hollow tube next to the allen wrenches is for?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Goes through the spark plug wrench to operate it.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by group911@aol.co
Goes through the spark plug wrench to operate it.
Not quite sure what you mean by "goes through it to operate"
Old 04-25-2007, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Goes through the end and acts like a t-bar
Old 04-25-2007, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by group911@aol.co
Goes through the end and acts like a t-bar
Looking at your toolkit, the only sparkplug wrench there is the Klein tool with the spring and knurled knob. There is no sparkplug wrench with a hole in it (unless yours is different from mine.) I know the kind you mean, but was there one included with the toolkit?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Ok, here's my question -- what is the 2nd "lug wrench" for?

And what size is it?

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by randywebb
Ok, here's my question -- what is the 2nd "lug wrench" for?

And what size is it?
Generator nut
Old 04-25-2007, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Oops. You are right. The allen wrench is for that. I'll have to look at one to figure it out.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

You hold the generator (alternator) still w/ the special wrench (11 in the diagram) and use the generator lug wrench to loosen the nut.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

THx - they used to have a nice box end wrench for that

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 04-25-2007, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: