Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Where are the fuses for rear blinkers -73models ?

Hi - I have been studying the diagrams now for one hour - and as I can see there is no fuses for the rear blinkers - only for the front blinkers( 9,10) and for the emergency flasher (8). Looks as rear blinker are connected before the fuse for the front blinkers.

Am I right - or do I miss something here ? Or is the diagram wrong ?

Peter
Old 01-19-2008, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Autodidactic user

Here's the chart from the technical specifications booklet. Looks like #8 in fusebox 1.

© Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche A.G. Posted here for educational purposes only.

1973 911E Targa (MFI)

Last edited by David E. Clark; 01-19-2008 at 12:52 PM..
Old 01-19-2008, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

yes - I agree. However if you look at the diagram this fuse is connected to the emergency flasher ???
Old 01-19-2008, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Autodidactic user

Here are the wiring diagrams. In wiring diagram # 1 the rear turn signals are a black and white wire and go to fuses # 9 and 10 in box # 1? I don't know why all the resources list the rear turn signals as fuse 8 in box 1.

© Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche A.G. Posted here for educational purposes only.

1973 911E Targa (MFI)

Last edited by David E. Clark; 01-19-2008 at 05:30 PM..
Old 01-19-2008, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Autodidactic user

I remembered that I have a large after market wiring diagram made by "Prospero's Garage" which is much easier to read than the factory diagram posted above. Unfortunately, it's much to large for me to scan. This diagram confirms that the left rear turn signals are protected by fuse number 9 in box number 1 and the right side is protected by fuse number 10 in box number 1. According to this diagram, fuse #9 protects both left front and rear turn signals and fuse #10 protects both right front and rear turn signals. #8 is for the back-up light, the warning light (flasher) and the brake light.

1973 911E Targa (MFI)
Old 01-19-2008, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned but not out, yet..

Garage
If you have the latest version of Internet Explorer, in the lower right corner of your window there is a a zoom feature - default should be showing 100%. 150 to 200 is great for viewing the diagram available here on Pelican http://www.pelicanparts.com/911/911_Parts/911_electrical_diagrams.htm

Check out my books on Amazon: Under Big Sky, and Achieving Lasting Happiness
Old 01-19-2008, 09:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Pelican diagrams works fine. If you check on the diagram on Pelican, you will see that the front blinkers are connected to the fuses 9 and 10, but the rear blinkers are connected to the other side of the fuse together with the source - and therefore not protected by theis fuse.

However it could looks as fuse 8 is connected to the blinker relay through the warning light switch and as such fuse 8 is protecting all blinkers ! But Im not sure yet.

Peter
Old 01-20-2008, 01:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Autodidactic user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danskeren View Post
Pelican diagrams works fine. If you check on the diagram on Pelican, you will see that the front blinkers are connected to the fuses 9 and 10, but the rear blinkers are connected to the other side of the fuse together with the source - and therefore not protected by theis fuse.

However it could looks as fuse 8 is connected to the blinker relay through the warning light switch and as such fuse 8 is protecting all blinkers ! But Im not sure yet.

Peter
Peter,

I think you are reading this wrong. The way I read the diagram, one of the two black and white wires on the left side of fuse 9 goes to part 49 on the left rear which is the left rear turn signal. (The other black and white wire on the left side of fuse 9 goes to the emergency flasher relay and the blinker/headlight flasher relay). The black and white wire on the right side of fuse 9 goes to part 49 on the front left which is the left front turn signal.

The green and black wire on the right side of fuse 10 goes to part 49 on the right front which is the right front turn signal. One of the two green and black wires on the left side of fuse 10 goes into a black and white wire and then to part 49 on the rear right which is the right rear turn signal. (The other green and black wire on the left side of fuse 10 goes to the emergency flasher relay and the blinker/headlight flasher relay).

I hope you are not more confused than when you started!

David

1973 911E Targa (MFI)
Old 01-20-2008, 03:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David E. Clark View Post
I remembered that I have a large after market wiring diagram made by "Prospero's Garage" which is much easier to read than the factory diagram posted above. Unfortunately, it's much to large for me to scan. This diagram confirms that the left rear turn signals are protected by fuse number 9 in box number 1 and the right side is protected by fuse number 10 in box number 1. According to this diagram, fuse #9 protects both left front and rear turn signals and fuse #10 protects both right front and rear turn signals. #8 is for the back-up light, the warning light (flasher) and the brake light.
This would make much more sense than what the diagram on Pelican shows.
With front on the right side and rear on the left side of the fuse - one of them is unprotected. And the hot wire can only be the one from the relay
Old 01-20-2008, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: