Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
1980 911 SC

Garage
I just joined the ranks of those using Swepco & BP

No this is not another oil thread.

I found a local source for Brad Penn a few months ago and bought 4 cases. I just got the Swepco delivered from PP. Both fluids needed to be changed out and I wanted to make it a big deal and do both at the same time. I had been using brands from my old V-Dub days.

What a difference.

I know that changing oil, any kind, seems to always make the motor run a little quieter. This was beyond that. I have a Cat and a 2/1 Dansk sport exhaust, so its relatively quiet to begin with, but now, I could really hear the “tone” of the exhaust. The motor itself was resolved of some of the little background noises, the ticking and whirring that goes along with an air cooled. It was really fun driving it again.

The transmissions improvements where right up there as well. I have always had a faint high pitched whine in the transmission at certain rpm’s. This is all gone. I can barely hear it, and most of that is because I know what I’m listening for.

It shifts better. I tend to be the “slower more deliberate” type of shifter no matter if I’m going 10mph or 110mph. The shifting is definitely more fluid.

After reading all 10,000 post on both BP and Swepco I was still skeptical, but, I was expecting something. I didn’t know if I would ever be able to “see” the difference although I felt there “was going to be one” of some kind or another, whether I saw it or not.

Again, What a difference. I can hear it, and I can feel it.

Thanks to all those who have spent so much of their time in debate over this topic getting this info out there to make it just that much more exciting to drive my 911
I have about an hour & a half of daylight left, think I’ll head south out on the highway.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Senior Advisor

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to James Brown
sweet!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
'82 SC TL

Garage
This means you have to drive A LOT more now!
'89 Anniv. sil/linen very pretty miss her
'88 928S4 5spd. blu/blu cmplt.SS exh.chipped lowered
Old 07-10-2010, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Thumbs up One more...

Welcome to the BP Swepco club

Funny enough, I get the stuff locally at a cheaper price then the lower 48.

But this just about the about the only thing we get cheaper...

Check my rant Posting 21 of scisor lift or 4 poles lift, again.

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger

Last edited by JJ 911SC; 07-11-2010 at 12:50 AM..
Old 07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: