Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
My SC Refresh-toration

The perfect storm care together this summer, and the opportunity to get my car done presented itself. After being subjected to the elements for 6-8 months after hurricane Isaac dealt us a blow,and she lost her cover due to construction of new house, showing the first signs of cowl/fender rust and a bubble at windshield base i knew i had to nip it in the bud. Well,a good friend is a master body tech, and my cousin owns a first rate hotrod shop. I loaned my glass blasting rig to said buddy for him to blast his 54 Austin-Healey 100-4. On the stipulation that when the time came he do the repair and body work on the 911. I've also blasted at least a half dozen cars for my cousins shop,and seeing the cars coming out , i knew i wanted him to paint it. Long&short,buddy goes to work for cousin, i'm fixing to start a long summer tour,and car starts to show signs she needs some love. You know, leaking at seals, CIS tuning issues popping up. So i pony up a depo$it for materials, drive it to shop( cursing /praying cause its running crappy), and get to work.
The patient

After a day had bumpers & fenders off.

I hit the road, on days off i put parts into my pelican shopping cart, keep tabs back home,these guys being friends,i can hide under the guise of general BS. Oh yeah, whats up with my car? Fast forward seven weeks, i get home and pick up where i left off,oh wait minor drama, buddy decided to go back to collision work after a month,but he did his part and all my bodyworks tight. Time for me to do my first engine drop to reseal my motor and eliminate a bunch of possible sources for my running problems, i suspect lambdas shot, but we'll get to that later. So, back to damichi i go.(thats the shops name Damichi Motors,Hammond La. Facegoogle em) to get my engine drop plan together, and what do i spy under one of the frame machines?

To be continued. I gotta transfer some pics to keep the continuity going folks.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

welcome to the slippery slope, Gator. It's good to see another Slate Blue SC being brought back to pristine condition. My '83 SC was at 266k miles when I got it and have just about completed resto-mod-eration. Kept it Slate Blue. Are you going back to original color ?
[IMG][/IMG]

pd
Old 08-27-2014, 03:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Black and Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Kemo
love the color...keep it the same please
Old 08-27-2014, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
If you look closely at the first pic,notice the difference in the color of the frt valance. That is slate,the rest of car is venetian. I think i had the car a couple yrs before i even noticed the diff. In color. My first tipoff was when i ordered DR. Colorchip using my slateblue paintcode in trunk and it was a couple shades light. I like the venetian better and thats what i'm going with. With my budget i MUST avoid that slippery slope.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Venetian is good too
....carry on then, and keep us posted on the progress
Old 08-27-2014, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Update. Got the engine home, cleaned a lot, disassembled CIS into manageable parts, after inspection sent a couple of fuel lines in need of repair to BoxsterGT for a little love. So far got the crankcase breather, oil cooler seals,t-stat oring and oil pres.switch. Installed injector sleeves today. Tomorrow its flywheel and pulley seals.

Body's coming along too. First round of primer and blocking done.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage

Trans cleaned up nicely
Old 09-03-2014, 09:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Always Be Fixing Cars

I want a ducktail for christmas. That is a very cool looking car. Hope the wheels will be black!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Not much progress at bodyshop, but moving right along with resealing motor
My hope this goes well look.

Came apart fairly easy

All seals and o-rings done,forgot intermediate shaft gasket and it came in today along with new flywheel bolts and half shaft gaskets . While waiting painted tins, shroud and did the upper valve covers in krinkle black. Also did valve adjustment with my replacement tool provided by Mr. Larry Marshall (thanks again larry).

Just waiting on my new pre-used fan housing to arrive and i'll be able to finish assembling injection and re-mate tranny. Thanks to flat6pac for the fan housing. Would also like to thank drtyler for the pulley wrench,and LM3929 for the CIS gauge set. I had all my tools stolen while out of town, these guys came through with the tools needed at favorable prices . Thanks Pelicans!
Old 09-09-2014, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Do you live on a steep hill? Three pictures in your thread are rotated CCW 90 degrees.
Engine is looking good.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
The only steep hills we have in S. La are called bridges. Must be an ipad thing,pics look ok to me.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzgator View Post
... Must be an ipad thing,pics look ok to me.
An Apple thing for sure. They look go on the MacPro but when uploaded some don't.

Now I rotate 360, save and upload. No more sideway...

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 09-10-2014, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Engines getting close to ready. Hope to have it back in by end of next week
Started the day wiring alternator, ended ready for tins

Econo-backdate heat
Old 09-18-2014, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Very nice, great progress! I am going with the same color scheme on mine (black and silver)
Old 09-18-2014, 11:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Couple more baby steps today. Bolted on the majority of tin,and did my el cheapo heat backdate. Cost me $30 using spectre performance products i got from autozone surprisingly enough. The $20 8741 3" ducting fit right over the plastic block off plate. $7 8751 3"-2.5 reducer was a loose fit over the joint that goes thru leftside of tin but it clamped down nicely . The other side i used scat hose i was already using.
Just waiting on a couple of fuel lines i sent to boxstergt, and my dizzy that i sent to Barry H for an upgrade, all of which should be on the way home by weeks end.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Motors in the car a couple weekends ago.

Install went good but i got no fire. Pump good, FV buzzing, sensor plate lift howling away. Didnt have light or meter with me,so i just planed on getting a good day in last saturday. Friday afternoon i put all my tools behind the car so i could get right to it when i came back in the morning. I arrived to this.

Paint guys decided today was the day.Needless to say i couldnt compain about that. I spent the day organizing and doublechecking all the bagged and tagged hardware were present. So far thats washer nozzles and torsion cover seals.
Besides resealing the motor while out i timed the cams and triple checked adjustments. Left bank came in at 1.62 right 1.65. Thanks to the stromski cam mut tool it went pretty smootly. Valve adjust went fine. Sounds good spinning over just no bang.. Prior to removal i was getting an intermittent leaning out and think my lambda is defective but shouldnt keep from firing. Im gonna throw a meter on it, pull a plug check for spark etc. ill post results over the weekend. By the endof the day though car looked like this.

getting closer

Last edited by fritzgator; 01-22-2015 at 12:23 PM..
Old 01-21-2015, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

lookin' good, Gator-man ! You'll be rolling her out in the sunshine soon. I'm predicting a nice 911-driving Spring ahead.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
sorry about the pics guys i post mostly from my iPad and for the first time in awhile checked in via laptop and saw what was happening. don't know if its how i hold the phone when taking the pic or what.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
That color looks great!
Old 01-22-2015, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Nice work! Are you planning to road-trip to Rennsport V in October -- now changed to Se[ptember? I have much more work to complete on mine than you have left for yours to make the trip. But paint's not in the picture for me, so I'm less worried about chips. (I have a bra if you need it.)

Last edited by NOLAsc; 04-13-2015 at 05:13 PM..
Old 01-22-2015, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: