Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to pavegeno
Driver Defrost Problem

Trying to figure out if I have a problem with my driver side defrost or if it is normal on my 1988 911.

I don't ge a lot of air out of the driver side. When I turn defrost on full with the footwell blowers on max as well, the passenger side clears pretty quickly as it has lots of warm air coming up. the driver side takes a long time as the volume of air is much less and only comes out of the right half of the driver side vent leaving the only uncleared part of the windshield right in my line of vision.

Is this how it is, or is something wrong?

Thanks,

Geno

Old 01-22-2015, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The hose may have come off in the front trunk
Old 01-22-2015, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Eng-o-neer

The first thing to check would be that the levers on the ducts in the frunk are attached to the levers in the dash controls. That's what shifts the air from the dash to the floor. Maybe the driver's side is stuck on the floor setting.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavegeno View Post
Trying to figure out if I have a problem with my driver side defrost or if it is normal on my 1988 911.

I don't ge a lot of air out of the driver side. When I turn defrost on full with the footwell blowers on max as well, the passenger side clears pretty quickly as it has lots of warm air coming up. the driver side takes a long time as the volume of air is much less and only comes out of the right half of the driver side vent leaving the only uncleared part of the windshield right in my line of vision.

Is this how it is, or is something wrong?

Thanks,

Geno
Have you confirmed that the driver's side footwell blower is actually functional?
Old 01-22-2015, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Did you ever find the answer to the problem?
Old 02-15-2015, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to pavegeno
Not yet...I am bringing the car in to Porsche Classic outside of Stuttgart to get new brakes and shocks and they are going to look at it then. It's just a minor inconvenience as even when the weather is in the teens or 20s, it only takes about 5 minutes or less of driving for the car to get hot enough to clear the windshield off.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: