Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
87 Carerra, 3.2 liter en

Garage
Help Locating Placement of Hose

In the attached diagram I see where hose number 30 goes to the middle of the air valve. But I cannot see where hose #29 goes to---Does it also connect to the air valve---but where I cannot make it out in the diagram.

ALso, is hose #29 connected to the brass nipple in the back of the engine that is shown in the second picture (next to the red circle, not in the red circle)?

Thanks everyone
Old 12-18-2016, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Location: Manhattan Beach, California. Factory Delivery-Original owner-Retired engineer

^^^^^
Hope this helps.

Best,

Gerry
In the window of a bar in Hermosa Beach, California.
"Happy Hour prices during all car chases."
Old 12-18-2016, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
87 Carerra, 3.2 liter en

Garage
Gerry:

Thanks for the pictures. But without explanation it does not really tell me the two point where the hose connects. I take from your picture the #29 hose goes to the brass nipple, is that correct. And if so, where does the other side connect.

If any one can direct me I would greatly appreciate it
Old 12-18-2016, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
28 is the larger hose from the brass nipple shown to the diaphragm valve that goes to the oil tank breather, 29 is the clamp. 30 is the vacuum hose that goes to the same valve.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
87 Carerra, 3.2 liter en

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911obgyn View Post
28 is the larger hose from the brass nipple shown to the diaphragm valve that goes to the oil tank breather, 29 is the clamp. 30 is the vacuum hose that goes to the same valve.
911obgyn:

Had no idea that hose 28 went to the oil tank breather from the brass nipple. The diagram is misleading because it suggests the 28 hose goes to the air valve. really misleading

Last edited by Srwilliams; 12-18-2016 at 06:44 PM..
Old 12-18-2016, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Here's a couple more pictures, #28 & #30 go to the air valve beside the oil tank.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

87 Carerra, 3.2 liter en

Garage
JrBennett:

Absolutely superb pictures. Using your pictures I was able to locate where the hose #30 goes to the air valve. Did not know the air valve had two nipples on it, one on top and the other underneath.

Thanks to your pictures I now got all of my hoses correctly connected.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: