Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Inheritance 911 Project

Made it to another Caffeine and Carburetors, and this time was early enough to make it into the Porsche corral. So many Porsches turn up that it tends to get full.

It met its brother! Another '84 Targa in what I believe is the same color.

One or two other mildly interesting cars showed up also...

And, lastly (since nobody will care about this old hunk of junk ):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Erbe_911; 09-16-2018 at 11:00 AM..
Old 09-16-2018, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Installing the shifter coupler bushing took less than an hour, and maybe 30 minutes of tweaking it to get it right. Do it, don't pay someone to do easy jobs like that.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Enjoying the re-furb and read, thank you.
Wish my stepson had his **** together like you sem to have .

So when's your first PCA De ??

On the other hand,since you have the S4 too, you might be able to run both cars with the NNJ Audi club ... great group.
I ran with them at Pocono earlier this year.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro '84 Coupe View Post
No worries. Looks good. Thought it might be Slate Blue Metallic

If you do paint the trim rings for the Euro H4s, I'm sure the shop can match the color.

Just going back re-reading my own thread (don't judge me) but I think you're bang on so I wanted to give you props. I did find the paint paperwork from Maaco (don't judge my dad for that decision) and it just says "code" implying it was an factory color match. Apparently Slate Blue was only available on very early 3.2s, which this is, and I also parked next to a Slate Blue Targa and they're identical. So detective work indicates that's the color.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
Hey! Thanks for the follow up. Looks darn good for Maaco. Mine's an early one too. Visited mine at the shop yesterday.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro '84 Coupe View Post
Hey! Thanks for the follow up. Looks darn good for Maaco. Mine's an early one too. Visited mine at the shop yesterday.

Nice looking car! What are you using to cap your antenna hole? I need to figure out something for that on my car... it just has the base of the antenna now and it doesn't look very good.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks. The antenna is still there, it's just retracted. Saw this on eBay, not sure if it's what you're looking for though: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hirschmann-Antenna-Delete-Small-Chrome-Cover-Up-Cap-VW-Mercedes-BMW-Porsche-Audi/233130666784?hash=item3647abab20:g:aXIAAOxy0uZR25z S
Old 02-13-2019, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
It's been a quiet winter, just exercising the car regularly to keep it alive and well. The estate "should be done by the end of April" but I've heard that before so I'm not holding my breath. Once that's done the 993 will be sold and the Targa will go in to get fully sorted.

For now, though, it's limping along at full speed (as my dad used to say). Car show season started today so I grabbed a shot of the Targa and a few shots of other noteworthy Porsche attendees at our local cars and coffee.

^ yes, that is real

^ yes, that is real

Old 04-14-2019, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Garage
So remember how I said end of April? Yeah... about that. Still in probate due in large part to the executrix not being motivated to get it finished.

The car has been behaving essentially perfect (aside from all its known issues) over the last year. The only new issue that has popped up recently is the oil pressure gauge/sensor reading erratically. It'll behave completely normal as the car warms up, then pin itself at the top of the gauge after that. If anyone has any insight about that or knows what it is please let me know, I can relay it to Dave who is working on the car. I'm crossing my fingers extremely hard that there's nothing actually wrong and it's just a sensor failing. Any peace of mind would be appreciated.

I was given some cash towards repairs for my recent birthday, so it's off to Dave for:

- ensuring that the oil pressure is actually fine and the engine isn't f*cked up
- shift linkage repair/replace/rebuild/whatever
- figuring out and hopefully fixing one or more of the brake calipers which is still binding when hot. Everything in the braking system is new except for some soft lines so it should be a soft line or a warranty repair on some component. Fingers crossed again.

I didn't want to drive it ~45 min to his shop with even a slight chance of an oil issue so I had it towed over. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon!

In other news my better half picked up a new daily for herself a few weeks ago. Before anyone asks she chose the SQ5 herself, and the battleship gray over red color scheme too. I had very little to do with it aside from agreeing it was a good idea.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Garage
Haven't done a ton with the this summer but the 993 is now up for sale, if anyone is interested. Once it's gone I'll use the money from the sale to get the Targa fully sorted, and to do some ring shopping for my long time girlfriend

36,757 mile manual 993 Cabrio with Aero Kit and Porsche Exclusive interior

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=844&share_tid=1040806&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Epelicanparts%2Ecom%2Fsh owthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D1040806&share_type=t

Old 09-23-2019, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Garage
Can’t see it without tapatalk
Post it on here
Old 09-23-2019, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtoe32067 View Post
Canít see it without tapatalk
Post it on here

Sorry about that but thanks for the heads-up. URL below.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/1040806-36-757-mile-manual-993-cabrio-aero-kit-porsche-exclusive-interior.html

Old 09-23-2019, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: