Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Recognize this Exhaust System?

First of all I would be remiss in not telling everyone thanks for the great BBoard. I have been a lurker on this board for several years and can usally find the info I need by searching previous posts...but it is everyones enthusiasm and passion that make this such a great resource. Thanks Pelican.

Here is one that I cannot find ......

This is the header/exhaust system that I purchased the car with. I can find no other markings on it except for the name on the muffler (assume that it is the muffler manufacturer only). All the headers are pretty much equal length (32").

1. Does anyone know the manufacturer? I would like to inquire about making it a dual exhaust.

2. How do you think this system compares performance wise to what others?

I do remember the PO telling me to not get rid of the exhaust system and that it was pretty expensive- but who knows...
-g

Old 08-29-2003, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

another pic

here is another shot-

Old 08-29-2003, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
grind weld build

Garage
the flanges do not look like they will fit a T-IV. Do they?
73 Orange, CS #601
73 Rayco V8 glug, glug
69 911 w/82 turbo look on 275 35 18s (for sale)
Trek 6500+
Sean M!
Old 08-29-2003, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

They look like a set of European headers, made in the LA area such as I had on my race car. They worked great and the muffler was quiet enough to meet the noise restrictions at the SD stadium. They should also have a "stinger" you can use after you remove the muffler when noise is not an issue.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DuckRyder
Pretty strange.

The header looks much better quality than most "PaceSetter" stuff. (Nopi does or did sell PaceSetter Monza stuff. The 240Z header is utter crap, and the 510 header isn't much better.)

That cylinder closest to the muffler has issues.
2006 Ducati Sport 1000

323i.net
RangerXLT.com
Old 08-29-2003, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
It does look similar to the "European Racing" headers that John mentioned. Not sure if it's the same or not. It's a good-performing system, though the CFR (or Tangerine Racing) one is supposed to be better. If it's a European Racing one, it is reputed to be midway between Kerry Hunter and Tangerine Racing both in price and performance.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 08-29-2003, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I looked at the picture again and it seems like you are missing the 4 stub pipes that bolt to the header and the head??? You should make sure you have them as they are made for each set of headers!! The cost of a European system is about $400 or so if I remember correctly
Old 08-29-2003, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Sean and JR-

You guys are sharp. The 4 stub pipes I did leave bolted to the engine (which is off at Raby's turning into a 2270).

So this is a "pace setter" system?
I searched the net...maybe I will look again.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DuckRyder
Quote:
Originally posted by BGman
So this is a "pace setter" system?
I searched the net...maybe I will look again.
Actually, I wasn't clear earlier, But I don't think it is a pacesetter, it looks too nice. Probably just the muffler came from them.

Is it stainless?
2006 Ducati Sport 1000

323i.net
RangerXLT.com
Old 08-29-2003, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Hi,
I had my engine built by the folks at Fat Performance and the header they supplied is exactly the same as the picture. (Except mine looks nicer.) I don't know who made the header but will find out if you want.
Cheers, Elliot
Old 08-29-2003, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Fly- would appreciate it. I have looked all over and cannot find any markings- not a number or even a stamp.

DR- I am assuming it is stainless. There is not a coating to chip or crack off. Actually you have got me thinking... what is the best method of cleaning this thing up for the new engine if it is stainless?
Old 08-29-2003, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Hi,
I just spoke to Greg at Fat Performance and he said they are European Racing Headers and they are in Nevada. Fat Performance is a distributor and can get them for you if you want. You can reach them at 714 637 2889.
Cheers, Elliot
Old 08-29-2003, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Paragon Products also has them. www.*****************.com
Old 08-29-2003, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: