Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

non blinking blinker

I hate electrical gremlins. I have put together a new car, so far, so good, but the pass side turn signal isn't working. If the key is in the off position, and I turn the indicator lever, the turn signal lights light, but don't blink. If I turn the key on, off they go.

The drivers side works fine. When I turn on the hazards, the drivers side blinks but the pass side doesn't.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance as always.

I am close to posting a pic, I just want it to be all super nice when I finally do.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The light should stay on if the turn signal switch is off center and the key is off, early pre-computer safety checker. I'd guess it is the emergency switch failing. Good luck
Old 08-31-2003, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have been fortunate enough to never have really dealt with this stuff, where is the emergency switch?
Old 08-31-2003, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I believe John's referring to your hazard switch.

I recently had some screwy turn signal issues caused by a bulb that wasn't happy in its socket. I switched the two front turn signal bulbs and presto! Problem gone. So try swapping left & right bulbs first, both front & rear, to see if that changes anything. Naturally, all contacts should be clean.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

gotcha, I was thinking he meant the Ebrake switch. I put all new bulbs in yesterday and that didn't do it. But, I will try switching things around and hoping for some voodoo.

I took the car for a twisty mt drive tonight and I remember why I have one. Wow.

I do have another hazard switch, I will try that too

If anyone else has any ideas, dont be shy
Old 09-01-2003, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks, that what I trying to remember to call it. If I remember corectly the turn signal voltage goes through the flasher switch? Try pulling it on and see what happens? When I had one go bad, it smoked!! Good luck.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: