Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post Engine removal problem/help!

I just ran into a "small" problem removing a 914 2.0. The car (76) has been sitting for several years. I broke the head of the big bolt on the right side of the car that goes through the engine support brace. On the left side I "rounded off" the head of the big bolt! I am already to remove the motor
once I get over this problem. What can I do?
Is it possible to remove the two small bolts on each side of the single bolt. Or do I have to grind the head off of the bolt on the right side? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Jim
Old 03-03-2001, 01:19 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
You can remove the two small bolts, but it won't help an awful lot. Unless you remove the single large bolt, you won't be able to maneuver the bracket so it clears that part of the body.

The bolt with the broken head isn't a problem, if the head is completely gone. The rounded-off nut is more of a problem. See if you can get some vise-grips or some such on them, and turn the bolt instead of the nut. Try heat, penetrating oil, vibration (like hitting with a hammer), and all of the usual "stubborn-bolt" methods.

A drill or cut-off wheel would be a last resort. You can even cut the bracket itself and botl in a new one.

--DD
Old 03-03-2001, 01:25 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Old 03-03-2001, 01:25 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: