Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question 5 lug rear conversion-what rotor to use?

The previous owner of my 75 chassis had the rear rotors and hubs drilled to the 911 5 lug pattern. I haven't removed the rotors to get a better look but it appears where they were redrilled they are also threaded? So they take a lug "stud" rather than a lug "nut". I believe a better way to do this is to have the hubs modified and have studs installed but when you do that what rotor do you use? I don't like the idea of every time new rotors are needed I have to visit a machine shop to get them drilled. Does the 914-6 rear rotors just bolt on? Are the readily available? Is there another rotor that will bolt on? Thanks guys I'm learning
Old 02-25-2007, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
914-6 rear rotors are available, and they do bolt on. Some people have had problems were the outside edge interferes with the "bridge" where the caliper goes around the rotor, others have not. The interference, when present, is very small. You may be able to avoid it simply by pushing the caliper outward when tightening the bolts, or you may have to do a little modification (grinding, maybe sanding) to the outside edge of the rotor.

Some have ground the inside of the bridge, but you have to be very very careful--one of the fluid passages is not so far under the surface there...

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 02-25-2007, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: