Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

rustproofing cavities?

Is there a pictorial of all the empty cavities on a 914 that can be filled with rustproofing goop? I know about the longs but what else? I want to be able to drill holes in various cavities and spray in rustproofing stuff and then cap off the holes. So what are all the areas?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm going to bump this in hopes that five years later somebody has the answer.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Alps Adventurer

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Traveller
Quote:
Originally Posted by super9064 View Post
I'm going to bump this in hopes that five years later somebody has the answer.
Have you looked around to see if there are any rubber plugs already in frame members?

I'm not familiar with your car but the Toyota and Honda that I rustproof annually have plenty of rubber access plugs straight from the factory. I haven't drilled a single hole in any of my cars to apply rustproofing. The only panels I pull off are the door trim panels for access to the inner skins.

As far as rustproofing product, you do not want to use anything that dries hard or even thickens. I have been using Krown T-40 since 1990 and up here were we have real winters with plenty of road salt, the 16 year old Toyota (sold back in 2006) and 13 year old Honda are completely rust-free.

You'll need a rust-proofing application kit. I got mine at Eastwood some 12 years ago. You'll need a compressor to go with it.

1995 Carrera 2 - Speed Yellow - Alps Touring
Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

There's a factory image showing all the locations to do the "Hohlraumversiegelung". I'm at work right now, but i can look for it tonight.

I do remember someone posting it on 914world.com a few years back, maybe i can find a link, hold on ...

Found it:
www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=35658

>> 1970, 914-6, #374 (Original) For sale!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: