Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
914 models (i mean the scale kind)

Hi everyone,

In addition to my rapidly expanding (mostly financial!) hobby of 914 ownership, I also am into building scale models. Of course I want to get some teeners. If any of you have/know of any of these models that you would like to sell, please let me know.

Revell 1/25 914-6 racer (Ritchie Gunther (sp)?)
Entex 1/20 914
Auto Mechanics (?) 1/43 914-6 (resin kit)

Any other kits out there?

Brian
2k2 VW New Beetle Turbo S
Old 09-24-2002, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Do you think this would be more appropriate in the "914 stuff for sale/wanted" BBS?

...If it weren't for the last question in the note, it would have simply been moved...

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 09-24-2002, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Dave I considered doing that, but since it wasn't a want list for parts, and more of a hobby ??? that may lead to an interesting discussion I hoped it would be cool here.

Does anyone else here build models?
Old 09-24-2002, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Check out Dale King's gallery on the HapiCo website at: http://www.hapico.com/
I'd imagine he'd make another one, even match your paint color if you'd like.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
No problem, bludden--just asking that people think about it...

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 09-24-2002, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Brian,

I am a model builder and collector also. I have one Entex 1/20 and two Revell 1/24 kits (a street stock 914-6 and a Richie Ginther SCCA 94-6), unbuilt, but they are not for sale. I intend to use them for future projects (like all the other kits I have stashed away...LOL).

There are some kits available, but not in the typical plastic format. Island Collectibles lists a series of resin 914-GT's in 1/24 scale. Pricey at $125, but not unusually so if you're familiar with the resin kit market. http://www.islandcollectibles.net/prod0221.htm

Mini Racing Models and Pit Models have offered various 914's in 1/43 scale. Pit Models have offered the 916, Brumos 914-GT, Garretson Imsa 914, and several others, but I am not sure if they are still available. The Mini Racing kits are still available at 1/43 kit dealers. I like to do business with Grand Prix Models (GPM) in England, they are very dependable. Again these kits are expensive, but that is typical for this market. Visit their site and do a search for 914, they list several. http://www.grandprixmodels.co.uk/shop/shop.asp

Mike

Last edited by maf 914; 09-24-2002 at 10:06 AM..
Old 09-24-2002, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Every once and awhile the Revell kits will come up on Ebay. I alway try to get one but when the price gets up there, I have to think that I have the real thing out in the garage.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 09-24-2002, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I haven't built a kit in years but sure would like to do a 904.
Old 09-24-2002, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Ury, thats my problem too. Kit Collectors prices can be a bit steep, if you consider that theres about 25 cents of plastic and 10 cents of packaging involved, and the kit sold for 3 bucks or so new.

But sometimes you get lucky. At the modeling Nationals this year I found an original release of the enterprise from the first Star Trek movie, complete, for 35 bucks (they were $15 new in '79). Collector prices on this kit are generally 110-130$.

So I'll keep looking I guess!

I did order a 1:43 replica (not a kit) 914 from a shop in England. Guards red too, it was also available in green.

There is a 1/24 914/6 kit on ebay right now but the opening bid is over a hundred bucks. Ouch.

The Entex kit is really the one I want, as I have the 1/20 Super Beetle already, and they'd look really great together.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Hi,

As for the 914 model kits, i do remember that i built one when I was a kid. Just don't remember the brand.

It was orange, with chrome bumpers and something looking like fuchs. It had rubber wheels. Even had a small electic motor in the rear trunk area.

Any idea of what this model kit was?

Marc-Andre Morin
70 914-6 conversion 3.0L Webers
Old 09-26-2002, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Thats the first I've heard of a motorized 914 kit. Do you know how big it was? If we can get the scale it may help determine who made it.

I'd guess it's a Japanese company as they have a long history of making motorized 1/25 cars (I have a '76 Celica upstairs that has this feature - although to get the motor to fit the interior just goes from the roof line to the door line.
Old 09-26-2002, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: