Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Lightbulb ATTN: Dave Darling and/or Evil Ed and other turbo enthusiasts

What kind of plumbing material are you guys using in your turbo 914's? It looks like rad material. Or is it silicone? Can you help?
Marc.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm using Gates rubber hose available from NAPA. I use 2 1/4-in ID, but they have almost any size you would need.

Ed
Old 12-02-2002, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

So this is just your standard rad hose not the silicone flashy hose the imports are using?
Old 12-02-2002, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yup, and it works just fine.

Ed
Old 12-02-2002, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

On mine I used silicone based hose, but I only needed about 2" of it and it was cheap from turbo city, right down the street.
Mine was not intercooled so I was a little concerned about the temperature, probably more so that necessary. IMO most of the fancy stuff you see under an Asian import turbo car is more for looks than go fast, like huge colored wires, colored silicone hose, chrome intercooler plumbing, etc.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by sammyg2
On mine I used silicone based hose, but I only needed about 2" of it and it was cheap from turbo city, right down the street.
Mine was not intercooled so I was a little concerned about the temperature, probably more so that necessary. IMO most of the fancy stuff you see under an Asian import turbo car is more for looks than go fast, like huge colored wires, colored silicone hose, chrome intercooler plumbing, etc.
Yea, but imagine the looks on the rice crowd when you pop your engine compartment and everything is anodized
Old 12-02-2002, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Just to be clear here: I have never built or even owned a turbocharged 914. ('Cause you can't turbo a 914, right? ) I have seen three of them, and have seen a fourth 914 that was later turbocharged and seen pictures of the turbo setup in that car. I think it's a neat idea when done well.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 12-03-2002, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: