Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to oredith Send a message via Yahoo to oredith
Thanks.. but one more question...

For those who have been following with my seemingly broken-down car..

Really good news guys.. I was stressing for nothing. I just finished a drive up to San Jose from Pomona.. and found out, like my fuel level sender.. my temp sensor must be off too.. because it heated up to *near* red before i started the climb over the grapevine, i was very worrysome and was ready to pull over at any second if it went any further, but it never did. in fact.. it started dropping as i topped the big hill.. never lost performance.. passing people up left and right. I kept an eye on the gauge the entire trip up, but not one single problem (and i was getting 25mpg!)...

Long story short.. the car works great, just need to contact tom and wayne about some new senders.

with every good story though, there seems to be a bad that comes along (at least with me).
I found out that i have a crack in my hose that runs to the rear, driver-side fuel injector, the hose that connects between the injector itself and the fuel rail. it was a small crack, very little leakage, but can definitely smell it. My guess is the long distance stress was a bit too much for the old hose. I've taken the injector off, cut the hose partway, and rigged up a pretty sturdy hose, but it's far from good.

My question is:
is there anyway to remove just the hose (the little elbow piece) off the injector?.. It's clamped on there real tight, and i didn't feel like taking my chances breaking the injector by using force, that'd mean being stranded up here for a while.
or am i just stuck with buying a new injector to fix the cracked hose?..

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 08-21-1999, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Jeff,

If you are talking about the crimped on brasslike fittings on the injector, they can be ground off with a bench grinder. Carefully, grind through the metal at the base an remove the casing. Oh yeah, remove the injector from the engine first....;^)

Re-install FI high pressure hose and securely clamp it.

BTW-When ordering a new oil temp sender, get the matching gauge with numbers. The old gauges are junk, you will never find a sender for the old gauge and the price difference is not much.

[This message has been edited by mikez (edited 08-22-1999).]
Old 08-22-1999, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: