Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnolan View Post
Some of the auto parts stores sell por-15. just follow the directions.
Thanks will stop by advance tomorrow
Old 09-04-2018, 09:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHillary View Post
Can I see pictures of yours? Were you able to keep the contours of the box with the fiberglass?
Iíll upload them this evening- it was quite a hackjob with screwed in plates and puddy before I even got involved. Go figure, screwing sheet metal in with self-tappers doesnt prevent water intrusion.

You can easily maintain the contours with fiberglas overlaid, and I imagine you could sand it out reasonably enough to mask how it was done, but I just built it up as thick as possible because it was a total mess anyway.
https://instagram.com/bradical924/
Old 09-05-2018, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
I had a hole about 1 by 4 inches. I painted on two coats of POR-15, then laid a small piece of matt and then painted on two more coats, then laid a 2nd piece of matt and a few more coats of POR-15. Just do it in a well ventilated area because it contains cyanide. Be careful with drips as it is very hard to clean up spills. If you get it on your hands it takes about a week to wear off.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for all of your responses....I ended up scrapping the welding idea and decided to go with fiberglassing the box back to useable condition....I was wondering if anyone could take a center to center pic with the measurement of the battery hold down bracket and bolt... need to know this dimensions as I will have to fiberglass the bolted side of the hold-down back in place....kinda wanted to put it back in the same spot.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Can anyone just post the clearance of the battery hold-downs, please?
Old 09-11-2018, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Here's a couple quick pics of mine. Mine had a hole in the bottom and the front edge several inches around the drain was all rotted out as well. I cut out all the rot and then fiberglassed the whole area with several layers, then drilled a new drain hole in the fiberglass and painted it all. It's a bit grungy in these pics (lots of recent rain) but has held up well and no leaks.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Patrick

Garage
Here are a couple pics of my 84 during BB restoration:
Old 09-11-2018, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Patrick

Garage
+1
Old 09-11-2018, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks....was that your first time fiber glassing?.....it looks really good.

I fiberglassed mines last night, left the garage door cracked because of the fumes woke up this morning it was full of moths and other little flying insects...Lol!

Will post pictures later..
Old 09-13-2018, 04:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
So I laid down some fiberglass. still waiting on it to dry then going to bondo sand and paint, we'll keep ya'll posted

Old 09-19-2018, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: