Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

83 944 starting problem after intake replacement

Hey folks - need some help here.

Replaced the intake gaskets on the 944 and the car wont start after getting it all back together. It cranks and spits/sputters as if it is trying to start, but will not actually run.

Details:
-Double checked all vacuum lines and they appear to be routed correctly
-Installed a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and I'm getting 37lb during cranking
-Pulled fuel rail and all 4 injectors are firing
-When pulling the intake off, I noticed the hard plastic connection on the reference sensor wiring (on the little bracket on the back of the intake) was cracked and some wire was exposed. I put it back together with this sensor... wouldn't start, so I replaced the sensor with another and it didn't change the problem at all.

Just don't know what to check next. My gut tells me it's related to the reference sensor, but I have no evidence to support that. Could the bare wires on the reference sensor connection have shorted something out somewhere else in the car?

thanks everyone,
Scot
Old 02-05-2019, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Do you have oscilloscope? Concrete measured data plotted on graph will absolutely confirm speed/ref-sensors are perfectly OK, or bad in black/white, yes/no terms.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Looking for one now. thanks
Old 02-06-2019, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Some basic things to check would be the ICV large vacuum line connection under the intake near the dipstick, and is there tach bounce regarding the sensors and is there spark when cranking and use a noid light to check for injector pulse?

Last edited by djnolan; 02-06-2019 at 02:59 PM..
Old 02-06-2019, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

djnolan - thanks for the info. Turned out to the the vacuum line under the intake. Old hose was completely crimped. New hose = starts fine.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: