Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Solved A/C cycling on and off

Turned out to me moisture in the system, it would freeze around the sensor and turn the compressor off. I had to trace this through the wiring diagrams to figure it out but I did.

So I recovered the system again, vacced it down for 2 hours then recharged, now it works steady on all the time and cools to about 47 from the vent. I guess that I just did not vac it long enough the first time.
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 05-04-2003, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

When yo were vacuuming the system, did you happen to notice how long it was holding vacuum?

We use the AC machine gauge as an initial test for leaks, vacuum the system then observe the gauge once vacuum has shut off - on a good system, it will hold - leaks will make it the pressure creep back up

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 05-04-2003, 10:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Yes I did, it held overnight, I did not charge it until the following day. This entire process started over a leaking o-ring at the firewall connection behind the head. Originally it would not hold any vacuum, then I ran some 134 into it and used my leak detector to verify the leak. Although I pretty much knew where it was leaking from, my engine compartment is generally spotless and all around those connectores was an oily mixture of PAG oil.
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 05-05-2003, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: