Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to overkill
Yo,... synchro question,...

I am pretty sure the the synchro for 1st - 2nd is worn out on my truck,... If I am sitting at a light and psuh the clutch to the floor then imediately shift for 1st,... I get a slow hard grind. If I push the clutch to the floor and then wait like 2 - 3 seconds then shift into 1st it will go right in. If I keep the clutch down and then pull out of 1st then push it into first again fast it willl go right in. So,.. I think the synchro for 1st - 2nd is shot or on its way. So,... my question is,.... couls that be my fault for the premature wear of that synchro? I mean can a someone prematurely wear out a synchro? I thinking no,... they usuaslly wear through time right or if they are defective? I have the truck under a warrenty so I dont want them to give me **** about this. Plus how many synchros does the averga etranny have have? I think I remember the 944 tranny having three? 1 - 2, 3 - 4, and 5? Not sure,... anyways. Much thanks.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

There are normally synchro cones on all gears, only very old vehicles don't have a synchro on 1st and reverse - like old MGs etc. So the synchro effect should be when changing from any gear to any other gear.

Unless you regularly force it into first while still moving I don't see how they can blame you for wearing it out.

Whats this truck? How old is it? I guess if its really old it might not have a synchro at all on first.

Mark

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 280hp, Black
Old 10-24-2003, 09:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

you gonna be able to get back into a P-car in the future?
Old 10-25-2003, 01:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

It's a 2000 tacoma soit's got a synchro for 1st gear and HELL YES i'm getting my 951 as soon as I can afford one. My passion for that car will NEVER die,... live on. Anyways,... thanks for the replies,...
Old 10-25-2003, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

YO YO YO up and down yo yo . What do dis haf to do wif P- f-n cars yo yo . YO neet toa be on a f-n truck boart YO? I sait YO?
Old 10-25-2003, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Good to see you again overkill............

SO the TACO is giving you troubles.....

Definitely sounds like the synchro is going. IF its under warranty take it in now while you can.

Good luck.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 10-25-2003, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Hunter S.
YO YO YO up and down yo yo . What do dis haf to do wif P- f-n cars yo yo . YO neet toa be on a f-n truck boart YO? I sait YO?
Who the **** is this guy,...? I don't like him already. AE,... so far this is only problem I have had so far with this truck. I have a 6 year warrenty on the truck so I have time and thats onto of the original warrenty the truck came with,...LOL. No sweat. Anyways, going to take it in next monday. I hope it doesn't take long to repair it. Oh well.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Hey O'Kill, welcome buddy. Take the Tacoma in to the dealer and make them fix it, if they try to give you bs, then give 'em hell, O'kill style. We all know you're capable of doing that....

Don't mind Hunter S. He pops up from time to time...
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 10-25-2003, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Hey NABEEL! Whats up bro? Cool. If they give me shizz,... I'm im gonna give it back,... you know it

Old 10-25-2003, 11:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: