Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
Smile sighting on my way home!!!

well i made it back today with my new car.

there was only 1 problem in the beginning. started on the highway and after about 100 miles, *BOOM* the front drivers side of the car hits the ground at 70mph and im watching my wheel roll along beside me !!!

after i got the wheel back on the car and it towed on a flat bed to a shop in a VERY small town i had the damage assesment.
1) need lug nut for ones that arent there anymore
2) rotor is missing a large piece because i tapped the brakes while riding on the rotor and 3 wheels

besides that NOTHING!

the guys at the shop had to dig through their extra lug nuts to find ones that would fit because we were about a 100 miles from a parts store such as pep boys or what have you, told you it was a very small town.

after that the drive was fine. i drove straight threw from rochester, NY to boca raton, fl by myself.... my ass hurts now too.

along the way i only saw 4 944s, anyone know who they were?
1) woman driving with man in pasanger seat near northern florida, champaign collor with black bra on front. i almost hit someone getting on the highway to see this one.

2) shortly after that on the opposite side of highway was a black 944 with the numbers "152" in white on the drivers side door

3 & 4) 2 more near central florida one was stone gray and the other was a little "rough" looking that was blue

any on these you guys?

well since i have been driving for about 2 days with no sleep im going to pass out now!

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
Glad you made it back relatively unscathed. You'll have to post some pics of the new car.....good luck

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 02-20-2004, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
Torque your lugnuts and your wheels won't pass you
Old 02-20-2004, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
Lol it is scary when the wheel rolls away.
One time we were in my buddy's car, and we were driving around, and the back end started knocking and the car started pulling, so while we were all wondering what was going on, I noticed a wheel rolling past us (We were slowing down) that looked just like ours....
I can't recall what type of car it was, that was around 4 years ago, it was an old boat from the 70's, I guess we had enough weight in the front, and the rear suspension did not have enough travel to let the drum and everything hit the ground, so we drove on 3 wheels for a few seconds... lol.

Buy my parts!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
God was with you! Ever have a steering wheel come off?! In my teen years I had a 62 Chevy Biscayne and me and my hard partying buddies were out on patrol. Wasted and not a care in the world beer in hand not certain who had the bong but out of the blue on a major road off comes the steering wheel! Normal speed but whoa scary! I was lucky to be in the right hand lane and the car was scraping the curb keeping the car straight. Came to a stop and really laughing are a$$e$ off when a guy who lived where we came to a stop came out and asked what the trouble was. Beer in one hand steering wheel in the other. No words needed spoken! He smiled and said wait here I can take care of you. Minutes later he comes out with a small racing steering wheel that fit to a tee. I thanked him and asked what we could do to repay him and he simply said just drive safely and enjoy our evening! That is a typical Iowan for you! Never will forget the gent! Sman
Old 02-21-2004, 02:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: