Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Composite Shop Owner, DJ

Send a message via MSN to MixMasterK Send a message via Yahoo to MixMasterK
Post Wiper Problem

Having a problem with the wipers. Even though they are in the off position they still wipe intermittantly. Does the problem lie with the column switch or the relay? Anyone else had this problem?

Old 10-26-2001, 08:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Are you sure that they're in the off position. On my 87 all the way DOWN is intermittent. Next notch UP is OFF. Next slow...next faster...next even faster. Your's should probably be the same.

Dennis Russell

------------------
Dennis Russell
Indianapolis, IN USA
1987 944 n/a
Old 10-27-2001, 05:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I had this problem with my '80 924 turbo. Intermitently, when I moved the steering wheel. I found it to be loose screws. There are 4 machine screws that hold the turn signal and wiper switchs onto the steering column. I found this out when I replaced my steering wheel. I tightened the screws and eliminated the problem. Not to say this is what your problem is but it worked for me.

John
Old 10-27-2001, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

If all of the above mentioned replies don't cure it, I would venture to guess it is your steering switch assembly

AFJuvat
Old 10-27-2001, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

On 82 924t, sometimes wiper would go accross & back at a turn of the wheel.

Repacing wiper switch fixed it.

drew1

Old 10-27-2001, 11:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: