Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered Loser

Question How does one remove foglight assemblies?

I've got a 1987 944 N/A with a shattered fog light on the passenger side. So I purchase a nice new shiny replacement. But now I can't figure out how to get the old one out. And Haynes doesn't mention it a all. Can anyone tell me how this is done?
Old 06-06-2004, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Remove the Hood, both fenders and the front lower facia...

Just kidding...Im pissed at mine right now, but I wouldnt be suprised if you had to remove the front bumper and lower facia.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Two screws. One on each side center.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 06-06-2004, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
poke it with a screw driver for a little while, scratch your head, crack open a beer, order a pizza, drink a 12 pack of beer then decide you'll do it in the morning.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Deplorable Member

Garage
Hammer, air chisel, crowbar, and 1/2" drive breaker bar with 28mm socket. In no particular order.

Black Cars Matter
Old 06-06-2004, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
I second the hammer. My framing hammer did a nice job of removing the glass so that I could change the bulb.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

There are four screws on each assembly, reachable from behind. The screws in the front are for adjustment and usually snap off after years of crud buildup. Just did mine, removed/refinished "air dam", which allowed easy access to the fog lights. If you cannot reach them with the bumper in place, I have found out a lot of things are easier to get to by bumper removal (two bolts, slide out partway, disconnect corner lamps, pull bumper free)
Old 06-06-2004, 11:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Actually, yeah...It will help you if you take out the bumper..Like he said ^^^ its only 2 bolts and a few wires.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: