Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bent Control Arm? plz help!

My new fiberwerks front nose was just installed on my car.

(not my car)

Unfortunately, I noticed that the right front tire is dangerously close to rubbing my new front spoiler, but not the left. I measured the front nose to see if it was a manufacturing flaw and both sides came up equal. I then measured the distance from the rear of the front wheel well to my tires and sure enough, the right front tire is about an inch forward than my left.
I have to yet to investigate further into this problem and decided to toss this problem your way, fellow Pelicanites.
My car's alignment is off. Moves to the left, hence must steer slight right to go straight. Do you think that might be it? Or maybe the alignment is off because of this descrepancy. Could it be just some worn out bushings?
Please help! I'm begging it's not an expensive problem.

944 Turbo 5-spd, Black, 1987-present
70k miles
Old 08-18-2004, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
you could at very least just need a steering alignment...at most maybe a control arm which I doubt because your car would handle really bad if the arm was bent...
Old 08-18-2004, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
I can't help but I have a request:

Could you start another thread (so this one doesn't go off your topic) and do a review of the new front spoiler? I am interested in this as I am sure others are. Hearing first hand about installation, fit & finish etc. would be great. Thanks.

GHEN
Old 08-18-2004, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by GHEN
I can't help but I have a request:

Could you start another thread (so this one doesn't go off your topic) and do a review of the new front spoiler? I am interested in this as I am sure others are. Hearing first hand about installation, fit & finish etc. would be great. Thanks.

GHEN
as you requested...
Fiberwerks 944 Nose and Rear Bumper (and some other stuff)

944 Turbo 5-spd, Black, 1987-present
70k miles
Old 08-18-2004, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: