Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question for FR Wilk about O2 sensor

I recently read FR Wilk's site about O2 sensors and it seems like there is no generic O2 sensor for 944 Turbos, is this correct?

I also saw someone selling what appears to be the 3 wire O2 sensor on ebay. Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7917035439&category=33557&sspagename=WDVW

From the list in the ebay auction, it appears that the O2 sensor is the same for all California cars (N/A and Turbos). Is this correct?

So, I guess what I'm trying to get to is whether or not that O2 sensor on ebay will work in my '86 944T and is there an even cheaper solution?

TIA,
Matt
-Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable struts and shocks
-225 lb springs up front

Cleaned grounds = happy 944
WTB: 951 black passenger door/fender
Old 08-20-2004, 01:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You can go three different ways with O2 sensors.

You can buy a generic single wire Bosch sensor, a three wire heated Bosch sensor (Bosch 13913), or you can buy a 4-wire sensor.

The single wire sensor is for non-California cars. The three wire sensot is for California cars, and the 4-wire sensor just has an additional ground wire, supposedly to "clean up" the sensor's output.

The Bosch 13913 will run you about $40.00 at Pep Boys.

Which ever way you decide to go, DO NOT solder the wires, use crimp on connectors. The sensor "draws" a reference air sample through the gaps between the wire strands and the insulation. Soldering the signal (Black wire on a 3 or 4 wire sensor) wires will melt the insulation which seals off the reference sample path.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: