Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Motor Mounts on S2...How much $ to replace?

I'm looking at an S2 that will need one or two motor mounts. What is the parts and labor for each side?

David
Old 09-03-2004, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If you're feeling adventurous and you've got the tools and garage space, it's not an impossible job for the novice mechanic. Clark's Garage has a good article on how to do it. I've done it myself, but I haven't paid to have it done, so someone else should probably advise you on that, if I'm way off, here. I'd guess, though, that you'll probably pay around $90-$130 per mount from the shop, depending on whether you opt for OEM or aftermarket parts. Then add in maybe 3 to 4 hours labor. If you go to a dealer, expect to pay big $ for both parts and labor.

Personally, I'd advise you to do both sides at the same time. You've got to drop the cross-member to do the one, and the other is right there and ripe for the picking. You'll end up paying for the labor again when the other side fails. Rumor has it that you'll want to pay the extra dough for the OEM parts, too. Supposedly the aftermarket mounts are crap.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
how long are these mounts supposed to last? or a better question might be, how long have they lasted for you in the past?
Old 09-04-2004, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have a pair of motor mounts in my 83 track car that have lasted since I replaced them in 1989.

gb
We buy 944s and sell 944 parts (845-379-1944)
We rebuild torque tubes and instrument clusters for 944/968/928
Old 09-04-2004, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
are you sure they don't need to be replaced? i've read that they need to be replaced long before they start showing visible signs of deterioration and the only way to know for sure is to measure them via a special tool.

well, either that or the engine vibrations.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: