Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Fuen Gauge problem after cluster replacement. HELP

Hi,

Today I replaced my 1987 944 NA original instrument cluster, with a nicer one that I bought few months ago to a board member.

All gauges are working properly. Old fuel gauge was reading 1/4 tank. Then when I replaced the cluster fuel gauge started to read 3/4 tank. I drove few minutes and take some hard turns to see if the sender was out of place but gauge stayed rock solid at 3/4.

I proceed to add 20 liters of gas, and now gauge is reading steady 4/4. I drove few miles to see if gauge went down, but nothing happens.

There's any chance gauge is out of calibration? Any help is welcome.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Sender was reading about 20.1 ohms, that I supposed is about 2/4 tank, and needle was at 4/4.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Use your finger to make sure the needle will move to 4/4. I just replaced my cluster and the fuel needle would only manually move to just above 2/4. I took off the needle and adjusted so that it moves from 0/4 to 4/4. I filled up the tank and it now reads 4/4.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: