Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest Shoulda called in sick..Why I own a 944

4:30 AM EST Clear skies, ambient temp is 65F (15C). Start the car fires right up, idles instantly at 700 RPM. Pull out of the driveway and get out of my subdivision. Pull on the road and in no time at all I'm at 60MPH (95km). Car running flawlessly. Green light at intersection, slow down to 40MPH and take the turn in 3rd gear. Every light is green in front of me.

Get onto the freeway onramp, drop the car into 3rd and accelerate, 80MPH (125km) in 3rd gear by the time I am on the freeway, pop it into 4th and go.

7 minutes and 13 miles (25 km) later off the freeway, once again, not one red light to be seen, manage a relaxing 60MPH in what passes for downtown around here. Take the last turn at 50MPH (85km)

Pull into the office parking lot... hated to turn it off, felt like I could have driven it all day...

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 11-26-2002, 01:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to overkill
Dude, I closed my eyes and saw myself driving my car again. That was great
Old 11-26-2002, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Kandid
Man..
Just this morning I took my 944 to the shop (oil in antifreeze )
didn't wanted to leave it there
And I was thinking.. what the heck... if I'm going to drive it another week nothing gonna happen to it right??
Old 11-26-2002, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to daveimme
I feel your pain, AF.....

Took off at 7:00 for work today (normally leave at 8:00..but had stuff to complete before Judge got in) and car fires right up...nary a hicccup, stop off to pick up the paper and a coke...said forget the coke....I need two hands to drive to work today!

Warm her up for the first 4-5 miles.....then bring it up to 80-85 on the highway........weaving in and out, responsibly, and no wrecks to slow me down today (for a change).......get off at the last exit before work in downtown Baton Rouge.....light is red; heck take the 180 turn and go the back way......944 put to work....and boy, does it work

Pull into my space in the parking garage.....Hmmmm.....did it really take me 19 minutes to drive the 22 miles (1.7 miles from house to interstate, stopped to get paper) and 1.2 miles from interstate to parking garage? Was I wired? Nope.

After all, all I did was drive my car the way Porsche envisioned, correct?
83 Suzuki LT 125 (4 wheeler) (wife)
92 Honda XR 80 (son)
97 Honda CR 125R (son)
98 Honda CR250R (MINE)
2000 Kawasaki KX 65 (son)
2003 Honda XR 50 (Son and daughter)
Old 11-26-2002, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
11:00pm Mad as hell at the wife because I have to go somewhere 20 mi. away and I have to get up at 4:00am. Hit the 5 and gouged it. The semi light traffic were like pylons at 90 mph, the wife a gibbering mess melting in the passenger seat. I was like in a zone as the cars lined themselves up perfectly as I calculated my next 4 to 5 moves ahead of me, it was like a movie unfolding before me. When I got to my destination I had forgotten why I was mad, or even that I was mad. 21mi. 13:30 min. Poor wife.

Can I have an Amen?

'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

daveimme,
Where do you work in BR?
I live on Jefferson Hyw. and work in Port Hudson (Georgia Pacific).

I know what you mean about the accidents!!!! I have never seen so much traffic at 6:30am. It's amazing how many people go to work half asleep. Sure is fun when you can get through though. Gotta love the "S" curve on I-110.
Old 11-26-2002, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
11:00pm Mad as hell at the wife because I have to go somewhere 20 mi. away and I have to get up at 4:00am. Hit the 5 and gouged it. The semi light traffic were like pylons at 90 mph, the wife a gibbering mess melting in the passenger seat. I was like in a zone as the cars lined themselves up perfectly as I calculated my next 4 to 5 moves ahead of me, it was like a movie unfolding before me. When I got to my destination I had forgotten why I was mad, or even that I was mad. 21mi. 13:30 min. Poor wife.

Pishaw Toddy, Hell if it makes you forget your lil adorable wife has been "PISSY"
Then by all means.......go for it!!!!

*thinks* (im going to regret writting this ill betcha donuts to dollars)

Best thing about riding in a Porsche, the seats are easily pulled forward and reclined back so that I can't see a thing except the dash and the sky. Seriously thats how I ride in car when toddys "in the zone"
but i must admit he can drive the heck outta that car!!!!

but dont tell him i said that!!!!! <----how I look after a ride with todd LOL
Old 11-26-2002, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to daveimme
Hey, I work in the governmental building on St. Louis st (District Court). I live in Walker, and take the Government street exit in B.R., run straight down to the centroplex parking garage. My real parking space is underneath, but because of the centroplex expansion project going on now, we all have to park in the general admission parking garages. Bummer.....I've had some new dings from other car's doors because of that. Underneath, we have assigned spaces, so everyone respects each other's vehicles. 14 more weeks they say...(Yeah, right!)

Do you have a pic of your car? Mine is on the pic page, so you should have no trouble seeing me if we cross paths.....

BTW, I left early this morning, too (7:05) and traffic was nice as well. Has to be due to the holidays. Yeah, I like that I-110 'S'.....but don't go up that way much anymore unless I go to Mike's Cycle on evangeline.

Have a good Thanksgiving.....
83 Suzuki LT 125 (4 wheeler) (wife)
92 Honda XR 80 (son)
97 Honda CR 125R (son)
98 Honda CR250R (MINE)
2000 Kawasaki KX 65 (son)
2003 Honda XR 50 (Son and daughter)
Old 11-27-2002, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Can I have an Amen?
Damn straight!...AMEN to that!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to bigyagi
hey Af juvat! thats exactly how i feel, most days, when starting at 4-30pm, afternoon shift!
however, have you ever considered doing the "drive-by"??
no, i dont mean shooting up the place, just that as you get closer to work, and the sun is shining, roads look great, motor is running just fine, then as you approach the turn off for work, you drop a couple of gears, floor it, and whizz on by!! aka drive by!
every one needs a day, to go for that long drive!
Old 11-29-2002, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
least common denominator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by todwic
forgotten why I was mad, or even that I was mad. 21mi. 13:30 min. Poor wife.

Can I have an Amen?

AMEN brother!

Left Ventura 8:45-9:00 AM Sunday... Very light traffic... one hundred miles to San Pedro... got home at 10:00 AM...
Hmmm, must be something wrong with my watch!

(this is useing the Ventura freeway to the 405, two notorious parking lots, but not so bad early on Sunday)
Old 11-30-2002, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Quote:
Originally posted by bigyagi
as you get closer to work, and the sun is shining, roads look great, motor is running just fine, then as you approach the turn off for work, you drop a couple of gears, floor it, and whizz on by!! aka drive by!
every one needs a day, to go for that long drive!

LOL, that would partly explain my large number of absences from classes.
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 11-30-2002, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: