Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Need to replace my power steering rack-help

Hi Fellow Pelicans,

As I go through the punch list of outstanding items that were neglected by previous owners, I have arrived at one of the fun ones. I have a small leak coming out of the bellows on the right side of my power steering pump on my '86 Turbo. Along with that, I have a leak in the return line and I have not been able to get the banjo fitting apart to replace the line. Bottom line is that I am about to pull the steering rack out of the car to try to fix both problems.

After looking at prices on line and on eBay for rebuilt power steering racks, I'm astounded by the large differences in prices for the rebuilt units. Has anyone out there had any recent experience with any of the rebuilt rack suppliers out there or any reports on the quality of the rebuilt units being offered? Thanks for the help?
Regards--Jesse
Old 10-25-2017, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hi Jesse - if you think that you're able to rebuild it; that could save you a good amount of $$, take a look at the link below for the rebuild process. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Porsche 944 Turbo Power Steering Pump Rebuild (1986-1991) | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article
Old 10-25-2017, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

My post says I have a leak in my pump, but what I meant to say is that the leak is in the rack. Sorry for the confusion, but I'm looking for feedback on rebuilt power steering racks.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: