Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Plett View Post
Very true Matt, hence my point -- why are they? When I attacked you it was only for your bullying. You were knocking my 69e sporto, telling me to get on early s because we only build hotrods here on pelican. I took issue with that and said, among other things, is that all we do here??

Here we are again in the wild west. The first amendment is in full gear. That is good! This is America and I'm proud of her. You might be a King on the forum, and I am a fan, yet I will always be a formidable foe if you can't be fair. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I did apologize before didn't I??

bernard
I'll let the masses decide. There was no bullying. You asked for advice and I offered it, suggesting that if you were so concerned about what is correct and worried about sullying a rare and original part that you should just go find the right part instead and stop all the hand wringing. It was far from bullying and you went off, just like you have with AMG. You've got a short fuse and a thin skin mate, and it gets you in trouble, over and over.

Punch holes in 70s original aluminim deck lid -- what would you do?
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 11-30-2018, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg463 View Post
Agreed, beat it Bernard, go back to your home country to face prosecution you sexual deviant. We know you're hiding over there in the countryside of Japan.
All right Matt, you want to do war? This is your boy. You support him, now you own him. You,'re bosom buddy! amg463 was it? My thread was only about valuing JUST ONE item until your boy appeared. Now that you've made an issue of this, I can't help to get involved. Yeah! Let the masses decide. This is democracy! There are lots of opinions on a forum like this. I didn't want such a display of democracy on my thread, after all, I only wanted a value?

bernard
Old 11-30-2018, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
All right Matt, you want to do war? This is your boy. You support him, now you own him. You,'re bosom buddy! amg463 was it? My thread was only about valuing JUST ONE item until your boy appeared. Now that you've made an issue of this, I can't help to get involved. Yeah! Let the masses decide. This is democracy! There are lots of opinions on a forum like this. I didn't want such a display of democracy on my thread, after all, I only wanted a value?

bernard
Dude,
You've lost the plot. I've never supported him. I offered constructive advice on how to ignore his annoying posts. I've called him a troll. I have suggested that your thread is none of his damn business. You live in your own little world mate, where we are all out to get you.

Guess who's posts I'm putting on ignore? I don't need this sort of rubbish. You are coo coo brother. Rest assured, you won't find me posting in any of your threads in the future. I'm here to help and enjoy the comraderie. You don't deserve either with the way you treat people.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 11-30-2018, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Bernard...just let it go. Take a deep breath and just move on from this issue and this thread altogether.

Matt was in no way bullying you, it was the contrary in fact, he was trying to help diffuse the issue, even so much as taking your side on the matter. And then you snapped at him too. I guess I might be next now for defending him. Just let it go, it’s really not worth it.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Dude,
You've lost the plot. I've never supported him. I offered constructive advice on how to ignore his annoying posts. I've called him a troll. I have suggested that your thread is none of his damn business. You live in your own little world mate, where we are all out to get you.

Guess who's posts I'm putting on ignore? I don't need this sort of rubbish. You are coo coo brother. Rest assured, you won't find me posting in any of your threads in the future. I'm here to help and enjoy the comraderie. You don't deserve either with the way you treat people.
Matt, I don't agree with your authorative assessment on everything you say. Are you the Lord of the forum? is everything that utters from your mouth law? You labeling me coo coo, is that now law?

You back AMG, now you deny him. Why? Lots of holes in your posts. You do some flips and flops, but are you really the last say on this forum? And don't call me mate. I might be homophobic.

bernard
Old 11-30-2018, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
gearhead

I’m one guy with an opinion. Just because I talk a lot doesn’t put me above anyone else. You are free to disagree. It makes no difference to me. The fact that you still think that post in your decklid thread was me trying to chase you off the forum says it all. You’re coo coo, mate.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 11-30-2018, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Matt, I don't agree with your authorative assessment on everything you say. Are you the Lord of the forum? is everything that utters from your mouth law? You labeling me coo coo, is that now law?

You back AMG, now you deny him. Why? Lots of holes in your posts. You do some flips and flops, but are you really the last say on this forum? And don't call me mate. I might be homophobic.

bernard
wow.

matt is probably the most matter of fact, dispassionate guy who frequents this part of the board. everything you just levied against him is in your own head, not at all consistent with what he posted in the slightest. don't like it? skip it. nothing inflammatory there.

how you got from point A to point B is a complete mystery. you'd do yourself well to chill out, homeboy. can't be healthy to get so fired up about every perceived slight...
Old 11-30-2018, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
My favorite Bernard post was when he had a picture of monkeys in his backyard. Raiding Monkeys! Ahh, the good old days.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
War Vet

Garage
My favorite Bernie post is...well all of them.

MattR
Old 11-30-2018, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Ha ha - the asshattery in the Pelican Marketplace forum rocks!
Old 11-30-2018, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
gearhead

Iím hoping Bernard sleeps off the saki and comes back tomorrow being a bit more himself. He knows that Iíve been very helpful to him and have been privately giving him my opinion on his 3.8 and his ruf gearbox. Iím fact the only reason I remembered that decklid stuff was because he apologized for it in his first contact to me about the engine last month. I dumped my inbox recently so donít have the engine conversation. But I do have the gearbox one. Iím here to help and hang out. Iím hoping Bernard realizes that too, and that I consider him welcome here. Iíve never felt any other way about it.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 11-30-2018, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
Hello everyone on this forum! I probably owe an apology for any erratic behavior I may have displayed on this wonderfully notorious thread of mine. Also, I want to make a special apology to Matt Monson, who I highly respect, and am generously grateful to, for all his help over time for me personally. He is pretty sharp, fair and cordial. I’ll be glad if he continues to help me. I’m sorry Matt for attacking you again. I didn’t mean to, so I hope there are no hard feelings. I’ve apologized before, I now do it again. I’m sorry Matt.

Also I want to thank Matt and others who taught me something about the forum I didn’t know existed, i.e. an ignore button. Does everyone on the forum know about this? Maybe others can learn who didn’t know so the thread might have some educational properties. For me, I won’t have to be aggressive anymore due to this knowledge. I kept saying verbally that I ignore the troll on numerous occasions, but now I can physically do it without any further drama. This thread has been very positive for me in that regard. Thank God I got my requested opinions on the value of the gauges before the drama began!

This is in no way a disclaimer, but I thought I would give you my thoughts on how I thought, what I did and why. First, one thing I just can’t feature is a troll roosting on my thread when I was only asking for help. All the yen low ball valuations on various threads started to bug me, and those were the only ones showing at the time pretty much. It might be only me, but I sensed some sarcastic swipes at Japan, or me for being here? This is something that really pisses me off, and so the other side of me, the alpha male side comes to bear. As I began putting up defense, it only got worse. My aggressive side got worse too.

Generally, I am a peaceful loving person. I don’t like war. I’m actually a Christian, though I don’t go to church. James, my American carpenter who was by yesterday is a Christian and he does. However, he only became one later in life. He is a former Recon Marine Corp. sniper who did 8 years in Yemen, then later did 3 years in a Japanese Prison for transporting a firearm from one Yakuza to another. Unfortunately, the police were on surveillance that day and he was nabbed. I went to church 3 times a week in my youth, enough to last me the rest of my life.

My aggressive side is fairly mean and brutal when I feel threatened or smell a rat. I faced off with a Yakuza about 13 years ago here in Ashiya. I’ll tell the story but not in this post. If NY Nick requests to hear it I’ll tell the story. It was nice to see Nick’s post. Also, to Matt930, thank you for your posts. You can call me Bernie anytime. My family and friends always have. Finally to Matt Monson, you can call me mate anytime too. I was only kidding. I know people from all over the world in Japan. The English vernacular was in my blood from 20 years ago with all the car stuff friends here or customers, Aussies, Kiwis, Brits. Oh! Matt, I don’t drink sake (Japanese) or anything else as long as there is red wine around, and there always is. Cheers!

Better get this on the thread. Hopefully I won’t have to post here again? Good idea I think.

bernard
Old 12-02-2018, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

War Vet

Garage
Berns-

Class act brother!

This is a pretty eclectic group, you fit right in... we do go off the rails at times.

Although I’ve never been to Japan, I’ve been to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Guam and a few other touch and goes in Asia.

Love me some hot apple Saki!

(BTW, Matt M. is consistently a no BS straight shooter and was trying to have your back)...

**forum nose kiss**

MattR

Quote:
Hello everyone on this forum! I probably owe an apology for any erratic behavior I may have displayed on this wonderfully notorious thread of mine. Also, I want to make a special apology to Matt Monson, who I highly respect, and am generously grateful to, for all his help over time for me personally. He is pretty sharp, fair and cordial. I’ll be glad if he continues to help me. I’m sorry Matt for attacking you again. I didn’t mean to, so I hope there are no hard feelings. I’ve apologized before, I now do it again. I’m sorry Matt.

Also I want to thank Matt and others who taught me something about the forum I didn’t know existed, i.e. an ignore button. Does everyone on the forum know about this? Maybe others can learn who didn’t know so the thread might have some educational properties. For me, I won’t have to be aggressive anymore due to this knowledge. I kept saying verbally that I ignore the troll on numerous occasions, but now I can physically do it without any further drama. This thread has been very positive for me in that regard. Thank God I got my requested opinions on the value of the gauges before the drama began!

This is in no way a disclaimer, but I thought I would give you my thoughts on how I thought, what I did and why. First, one thing I just can’t feature is a troll roosting on my thread when I was only asking for help. All the yen low ball valuations on various threads started to bug me, and those were the only ones showing at the time pretty much. It might be only me, but I sensed some sarcastic swipes at Japan, or me for being here? This is something that really pisses me off, and so the other side of me, the alpha male side comes to bear. As I began putting up defense, it only got worse. My aggressive side got worse too.

Generally, I am a peaceful loving person. I don’t like war. I’m actually a Christian, though I don’t go to church. James, my American carpenter who was by yesterday is a Christian and he does. However, he only became one later in life. He is a former Recon Marine Corp. sniper who did 8 years in Yemen, then later did 3 years in a Japanese Prison for transporting a firearm from one Yakuza to another. Unfortunately, the police were on surveillance that day and he was nabbed. I went to church 3 times a week in my youth, enough to last me the rest of my life.

My aggressive side is fairly mean and brutal when I feel threatened or smell a rat. I faced off with a Yakuza about 13 years ago here in Ashiya. I’ll tell the story but not in this post. If NY Nick requests to hear it I’ll tell the story. It was nice to see Nick’s post. Also, to Matt930, thank you for your posts. You can call me Bernie anytime. My family and friends always have. Finally to Matt Monson, you can call me mate anytime too. I was only kidding. I know people from all over the world in Japan. The English vernacular was in my blood from 20 years ago with all the car stuff friends here or customers, Aussies, Kiwis, Brits. Oh! Matt, I don’t drink sake (Japanese) or anything else as long as there is red wine around, and there always is. Cheers!

Better get this on the thread. Hopefully I won’t have to post here again? Good idea I think.

bernard

Last edited by matt930s; 12-02-2018 at 05:42 AM..
Old 12-02-2018, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for that good word Matt,

If you ever get to Japan, look me up. I will show you the real county for a few days. That is something I can do.

bernie
Old 12-02-2018, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
gearhead

No worries, mate. Iím a live and let live sort of fellow. I think the humility to say Iím sorry and make amends when we act an arse is something sorely lacking in society today. Kudos to you for manning up, as I call it. Iíll leave this thread with a little 70ís Show fun...
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 12-02-2018, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Garage
Nice to see your post Bernard.

I have no desire to hear about any Yazuka face offs. We've got our own meatheads here in NY, LOL.

Now that tour of the Japanese countryside you speak of; that I could sink my teeth into. I hear Japan is lovely.

Hope all goes well with your parts.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt930s View Post
. . .

**forum nose kiss**

MattR
Not just the nose!
Old 12-02-2018, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Quote:
I went to church 3 times a week in my youth, enough to last me the rest of my life.
That explains it. Was there any inappropriate touching by the priest done to you? It's ok many were, good to share your experience it'll help get over the trauma so you can move on.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg463 View Post
That explains it. Was there any inappropriate touching by the priest done to you? It's ok many were, good to share your experience it'll help get over the trauma so you can move on.
Speak for yourself alter boy. Raised Protestant, we had to deal with a Pastor from the fire and brimstone baptist arena. Unlike the Catholic kids who could f-ck around all week and go to confession on Sunday, we had as kids had the pastor telling us we couldn't jack off. He never saw us doing it, but said: you just got to have that feeling huh! I remember thinking at the time: right on brother!

Anyway, I realized later on that motivation through condemnation is not from God. The 4 attributes of God are love, mercy, a judge and a consuming fire. Which of those 4 would you like to cozy up to? I like the first two myself.

As per gays? I had to beat them off with a stick my whole life because I was a good looking dude. No pun intended! I never hit anyone, but I did some shoving. For example, living in Milano for almost two years as a fashion model, something I did full or part time for almost 10 years, I can relay a true story.

Reading a book on a park bench near my flat, see a man with a big smile on his face, legs crossed, hands folded. I say non guardi me! -- don't look at me! Nothing changed, so I raised my voice. He comes over toward me, I shove him almost knocking him off his feet. He proceeded to walk away in tears, hands on the back of his hips. I broke his heart I think. Better that than his neck. He couldn't understand my Italian because he was French.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:

Were those in a BTR ?
Old 12-17-2018, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: