Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I'm scratching my head over the fact they took the short hood and welded on an extension. Seems to me they could have sourced an early long Hood and had better results with less hassle. Just one small observation on an otherwise nice car.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearby View Post
I'm scratching my head over the fact they took the short hood and welded on an extension. Seems to me they could have sourced an early long Hood and had better results with less hassle. Just one small observation on an otherwise nice car.
well, you either modify the hood or the front latch panel. six of one, half dozen of the other. if you want a steel hood (that latches) on a backdated car, you have a choice to make.

i did an all steel backdate on my '76 and i opted to modify the hood, keeps the car whole...
Old 11-05-2017, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelle View Post
well, you either modify the hood or the front latch panel.
Or you install new latches to the existing panel and use an original long hood. That is what I did and it cost less than $40.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Hot rod versus stock buyers. Letís not forget the 930 was the luxury flagship of the line. I would take a 3.8 on efi with a close ratio gearbox in an iroc look g body over a low powered stock 930 with 4spd and AC every time. A gamroth engine can easily run $50k. I can get a roach 930 for that.
trying to get my car to what you have describe here... perhaps with only a 3.6 instead of a 3.8 though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficke View Post

But it is important to remember that not all the Porsche faithful like the 930 concept, that of a heavy GT car, overcoming aerodynamic drag from tacked on flares and such with brute power.

Porsches used to be about overcoming the odds with less, providing a nimble, tossable car with enough very reliable power to make a great driving experience that can win. Sort of the rapier vs. the battle axe.
I think 930's are to much like the modern Porsche in this way and people are searching for that old Porsche experience with these NA hot rods.
+1
that is why i sold my 86 930 a couple of years ago and got a M491 to strip out and make into lighter and more focus 3.0RS-SCRS type tribute.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
USAF VET

Garage
+2
Old 11-09-2017, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt930s View Post
+2

You dumped the 930 for a 912?

Sent from my iPhone while Driving
Old 11-09-2017, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: