Pelican Parts
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Panamera & Taycan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Best site for purchasing a Panamera?

I am in the market for a 2010 to 2013 Panamera S. What is the best site for Southern California? I have checked Autotrader and Cars.com. Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

67 912 (sold)
58 Karmann Ghia chopped top (traded for the 912)
Old 08-19-2016, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

I like Cargurus and Autolist. Both are easy to use/navigate on mobile devices.

Pics when you find one!
Old 08-19-2016, 10:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

There's a pretty good selection of cars on Ebay, and you can even find some pretty high-end stuff on Craigslist.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

vroom.com

Bought my Panamera Base there. Great folks, great price, free delivery in the US, 100% money back and no return shipping charge if you don't like the car.

I'll buy from them in the future. My experience was excellent.
2013 Panamera
2004 Boxster
Old 08-20-2016, 05:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

What's the reliability and predicted maintenance and repair going to be on these? What are the big gotchas like Dilavar head studs and Cayenne coolant pipes, etc.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned

Try Carmax. Seriously our local Carmax had three of them at very tempting prices. They depreciate like rocks. Or a 7 series.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Did you get the memo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun @ Tru6 View Post
What's the reliability and predicted maintenance and repair going to be on these? What are the big gotchas like Dilavar head studs and Cayenne coolant pipes, etc.
Also curious about how they are holding up. Might be a fun driver in a few years when they get really cheap. I'm still not a fan of the styling but they are supposed to drive great.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy View Post
Also curious about how they are holding up. Might be a fun driver in a few years when they get really cheap. I'm still not a fan of the styling but they are supposed to drive great.
They drive like a MF and the interiors are amazing. So basically, you just don't look back when you get out of it. You do the *hold the key next to shoulder pointing rearward* move and hit the lock button as you're walking away.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
cycling has-been

Atlanta Luxury Motor - buys recently off-lease high end. Buy a CPO, fly out, drive home.
Bill K
Used Porsche Panamera at Atlanta Luxury Motors Serving Roswell, GA

drill back on the link - they have inventory at 4 locations.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Band.

Send a message via AIM to Gogar
i suggest you look for 2013 or newer.

Please search "wc22" and "camshaft" and "failure."

The screws that hold the cam chain gear to the end of the camshaft a on a 4.8 from 2009 to 2012 were 6x16, and made of aluminum. As these cars come off warranty the crappy aluminum screws are backing out of the cam gear and when 2 or 3 of the screws finally fall out the remaining ones shear and the timing gear falls off of the front of the cam. NO, REALLY!

The screws and bits of screws fall down in the timing cover and rattle around. If you can find all of them, you might be ok.

The other problem, of course, is that the cam on that side stops moving. NO, REALLY.

You can find a news article where 15,000 Chinese-bound panameras were recalled for this problem. And plenty of 6speedonline threads.

The WC 22 service campaign for 4.8s in cayenneS and cayenne turbos and some panameras will fix the bad bolts, but ONLY if you had a complete service warranty, not a standard warranty.

Otherwise, they just let it go and cross their fingers. They didn't recall it because they did the math and it's cheaper to fix a few grenades.

Anyway, only ranting because Im going through this right now and have a total grenade 2010 panamera4s, 1 week out of CPO warranty. We are hopeful they will help us. If they do t I have a beautiful 41,000 mile roller for sale.
1973 Honda CB350F

Last edited by Gogar; 08-20-2016 at 09:15 AM..
Old 08-20-2016, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
They drive like a MF and the interiors are amazing. So basically, you just don't look back when you get out of it. You do the *hold the key next to shoulder pointing rearward* move and hit the lock button as you're walking away.
Exactly my thought, you don't have to look at it when you are behind the wheel.

There's some pretty decent competition in that segment though, lots of great options for a super sedan.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy View Post
Exactly my thought, you don't have to look at it when you are behind the wheel.

There's some pretty decent competition in that segment though, lots of great options for a super sedan.
You can say that again. Very competitive segment.

Nothing drives like a Porsche, though.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Band.

Send a message via AIM to Gogar
Hey are super fun when they work!
1973 Honda CB350F
Old 08-20-2016, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Slackerous Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogar View Post
Anyway, only ranting because Im going through this right now and have a total grenade 2010 panamera4s, 1 week out of CPO warranty. We are hopeful they will help us. If they do t I have a beautiful 41,000 mile roller for sale.
I would be surprised if they don't help you out. They are pretty good about defending their CPO programs reputation.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

The new Panamera is a real looker compared to the original.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Have you thought about posting a WTB on Rennlist? You probably have to create an account if you don't already have one. I've found a tremendous amount of valuable info in that community. You might also check the classified too.

My local dealer in Western PA is Sewickley Porsche. They don't mark up over MSRP. In my experience they are good people and good to deal with. Their service is AMAZING thanks to well trained and conscientious techs and the best service manager we've ever dealt with on any marque. By far! They are close to the airport and have clients who fly in and drive away.

Ours is a 2015 GTS and we are very happy with it. The looks were somewhat improved with the hump removed. So far very reliable and nothing needed other than regular service. I think we're at about 8000 miles.

The V8 NA motor is spectacular! Cold starts send chills down my spine!!
Old 08-20-2016, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Another thought - check PCA.org:

You may have to be a PCA member to see contact info but they have a Quest program where you can join for six months if you are shopping for a car. I just checked the site and used "Panamera" as search term in classified and a few 2010's and 2012's came up. One's a turbo.

In this case they are all supposed to be private sellers and often they are long time PCA members. It may not mean anything but it could also mean you're getting a well kept car from someone who is passionate about the brand. Obviously you perform due diligence anyway (or at least I would).

https://www.pca.org/browse-the-mart-classified-ads?keyword=Panamera&itm_field_ad_number=&sort_by=ds_created&sort_order=DESC

There is also Excellence Magazine (online). Excellence.com. You can search by key word. Dealers and private sellers advertise. THere can be a lot of overlap between Excellence, PCA.org and Rennlist but you never know....

Last edited by PcarPassion; 08-20-2016 at 12:29 PM..
Old 08-20-2016, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogar View Post
Hey are super fun when they work!
Damn, sorry to hear about that. Hope it all works out favorably.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE911SC View Post
The new Panamera is a real looker compared to the original.
Beat me to it.

I got the marketing email from Porsche on the new Panamera a while back, like many here I am sure.
After checking it out (and looking past the cheesy marketing campaign BS), I have to say it's a big step in the right direction. I didn't throw up in my mouth, even a little bit!

If you are curious: The new Panamera. | Porsche USA

Last edited by Eric Coffey; 08-20-2016 at 03:03 PM..
Old 08-20-2016, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

Do you have a shop or dealer that will take care of it in mind? If so then I'd say to ask them to see what they can find. They can also do the pre purchase inspection for you unless you know what to look for?

Old 08-20-2016, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: