Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Christmas haul

I got the wife a Glock .45. She got me a treadmill. And the pets got humiliated.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Awesome,
Thrunite TC12 flashlight
zebralight AA headlight
Plantronics Voyager 8200 headset (think Bose QC35 noise cancelling headphones, same thing)

Missus
iWatch 3 with cell and a few other odds and ends with more stuff on the way for her Jan birthday.

Kids (in their 30s) money into Roth IRA accounts and a few small odds and ends.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 12-26-2017, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
I gave everyone Bitcoin!
Old 12-26-2017, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

My town is so backwards we still have a Blockbuster Video. The hot gift this year was t-shirts. Everyone down south in civilization wanted one.

Old 12-26-2017, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I love going to the Blockbuster on Huffman.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

You have **** satellite internet too? There are so many movies that are not on Netflix. The blockbusterís selection always surprises me.

And itís the only place to get pop rocks.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolBlueSC View Post
I love going to the Blockbuster on Huffman.
For the love of God.

I saw Vern Tejas in Carrs on Dimond only wearing Gore-tex long johns two days after he solo ascended the north face of Denali in the way back.

Loved living in Anchorage in the 80's. Street hookers and massage parlors still on Spenard.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kontak View Post
For the love of God.

I saw Vern Tejas in Carrs on Dimond only wearing Gore-tex long johns two days after he solo ascended the north face of Denali in the way back.

Loved living in Anchorage in the 80's. Street hookers and massage parlors still on Spenard.
Last time I was in that Carr's (Safeway down here), they had a transvestite with tons of make-up and a very deep voice selling Carr's T-shirts and cloth grocery bags.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Anchorage is a medium sized town with big city ambitions for crime and weirdness.

Remember last year when a homeless guy killed a black bear with a spear?
Old 12-26-2017, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Was at the 5th ave mall last spring. We saw a dude wearing yoga pants and with a skrillex hair style.

I think that would get you laughed at in West Hollywood.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Driver, not Mechanic

I got nothing... Wife wouldn't let me get a new TV.

I'd take a Lego Duplo Train Track set at this point...
Old 12-26-2017, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I got 3 bottles of Mezcal and 1 of tequila......are they trying to tell me something? Oh yeah, a pair of sweatpants.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmint View Post
Anchorage is a medium sized town with big city ambitions for crime and weirdness.

Remember last year when a homeless guy killed a black bear with a spear?
Oh man....LMAO!! I think we could do with an entire thread dedicated to this! I.e. "What's it really like in Alaska?". Feel free to get us started!

But, I must admit I am torn. My vision (I've never been) of Alaska is spectacular wilderness and views and solitude like nowhere else in the world. Vast areas of unmolested nature and wildlife. Not sure I want that vision (true or not) twisted up with weirdness that would rival West Hollywood, LOL!

JA
Old 12-27-2017, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Autumn in his heart

Santa was tired of pouring diesel from cans so he got me this:

Battery powered fuel transfer pump that fits onto a five gallon gas can. Nice hose and flow control. Used it this morning: Incredible!

For you guys looking for a solution to the pouring gas from a can, this thing is remarkable.

Kitchen clean.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
(the shotguns)

I got a Thermoworks Smoke. Pretty cool gadget that has two temp probes and a remote receiver. you can set max and min alarms. Looking forward to fine tuning my smoker cooking with it.

Wife also tells me my son and I get to go pheasant shooting at a game farm in Pa soon too!

Well i had #6 adjusted perfectly but then just before i tightened it a butterfly in Zimbabwe farted and now i have to start all over again!
I believe we all make mistakes but I will not validate your poor choices and/or perversions and subsidize the results your actions.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettafan View Post
I got a Thermoworks Smoke. Pretty cool gadget that has two temp probes and a remote receiver. you can set max and min alarms. Looking forward to fine tuning my smoker cooking with it.

Wife also tells me my son and I get to go pheasant shooting at a game farm in Pa soon too!

NICE!! i assume that is good for the oven as well?
Old 12-27-2017, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettafan View Post

I got one too...
Used it on Christmas day for the standing rib roast on the Big Green Egg.
It was about -13 F on Christmas day and did the 225-230 slow cook. Pulled the platesetter and reverse seared at the end.
Honestly a little more well done than I would like but that is how my parents and my wife like the roast to be. Was still super yummy.
I like being able to check the pit and meat temperature without lifting the lid.

These would also be awesome in the oven and will confirm your temperature settings...
And a bunch of parts I haven't installed yet.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
(the shotguns)

Yep didnít have time to cook with it Christmas Day but I did turn the oven on and check temps. Pretty fun! Turns out our oven overshoots temp on initial heating then settles down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well i had #6 adjusted perfectly but then just before i tightened it a butterfly in Zimbabwe farted and now i have to start all over again!
I believe we all make mistakes but I will not validate your poor choices and/or perversions and subsidize the results your actions.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

(the shotguns)

Have ribs on smoker right now. The pit temp bounces around a bit but is generally pretty close to what the display says on my gmg Davy Crockett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2017, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: