Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

What are you going to do for the rest of your cars systems monitering if you deleate the clock on your C2 Turbo. Like brake faults,fan rotation sensor, and the rest of the systems warnings?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

this is why i am still in more favor for the LCD display, just need to see how it will fit in different locctions
Old 11-07-2007, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Ag02M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 964 T #304 View Post
What are you going to do for the rest of your cars systems monitering if you deleate the clock on your C2 Turbo. Like brake faults,fan rotation sensor, and the rest of the systems warnings?
Who said delete the clock? You can either mount the boost gauge somewhere else like a-pillar.

Another option if you want the gauge in the clock position is to wrap the clock and put it inside the dash.

I want the a-pillar setup but I can't figure out why the heck no one makes a pod for us.

RT
WTB: 964/965 Turbo stuff...carbon fibre bits, Techart wheel parts, RS/lightweight flywheel, 993 EVO uprights, G50 gears or 6 sp., 964 RSR swaybars, custom droplinks and any other cool stuff, pm me! Also a nice medium build 327 Chevy engine.

Coming SOME DAY...1991 3.3 turbo, Tahoe Blue Metallic with some mods
Old 11-07-2007, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

AG02M5, there are A-pilar pods to buy,
are you sure they dont fit on our cars?

Falk
Old 11-07-2007, 11:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

True, pillar would be a perfect solution but for the 911 I have never seen one that would fit, considering how narrow it is. Some of the ones on ebay are so cheap I guess they could be modified and I remember reading a post some time back that a fellow Pelican did just that. If i remember there was some cutting and melting of the plastic to re-form the fit. Still sounds like a lot of work
Old 11-08-2007, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghai_todd View Post
True, pillar would be a perfect solution but for the 911 I have never seen one that would fit, considering how narrow it is. Some of the ones on ebay are so cheap I guess they could be modified and I remember reading a post some time back that a fellow Pelican did just that. If i remember there was some cutting and melting of the plastic to re-form the fit. Still sounds like a lot of work
Yep, no Porsche specific models. Can't fathom why with all the turbo cars. Any idea where that link is for the modification of a non-porsche pod?

RT
WTB: 964/965 Turbo stuff...carbon fibre bits, Techart wheel parts, RS/lightweight flywheel, 993 EVO uprights, G50 gears or 6 sp., 964 RSR swaybars, custom droplinks and any other cool stuff, pm me! Also a nice medium build 327 Chevy engine.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Check the post from Juan Ruiz, he modified a cup from a mitsubichi that he cut and molded with a heat gun. Sounds easy but

Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghai_todd View Post
Check the post from Juan Ruiz, he modified a cup from a mitsubichi that he cut and molded with a heat gun. Sounds easy but
I did some searching and can't find the post.

That looks pretty darn good and I'm up for the challenge. If you could locate it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

RT

Old 11-09-2007, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk930 View Post
Its a "small" gauge, 52mm.
You will need a spacer to make it fit
in the clock position.

Falk
R.T. Falk was talking about removing clock. It wouldn't do me much good wrapped up in a rag and stuffed in back of dash if I had a fan-belt break and didn't hear it and fried an engine.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

http://www.9xauto.com/911.html
try here for a cool guage mount. (Wayne does not carry these)

JP
89 targa black betty
Old 11-10-2007, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

just looking through older posts of mine and there is a pic that has my zietronix that i picked up for $105 with display off of ebay.the guy had it spelt wrong.i didnt think he was going to ship it but he did.i have it in the vent.running off of a laptop works alot better.if i was to buy new i would skip the display and look into a pda data logger for it.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/355103-hargett-930-shifter-install.html#post3362155
post #5
Old 11-12-2007, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Wow $105 what a steal!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Here is some more info on the display...

There are two ways of selecting displayed values, both done via a front push
button.
1 You can program a start up value (example the gauge start always a boost
gauge)
2 You can cycle through values during operation. Each pres of the button
cycles the gauge to a next value.
Pressing the button for 1 second shows peak and hold values.

The gauge has tinted openings so the light levels are suitable for day and
night operations. It's kind of like all LEDs are already in a dark cavity
(night) There is no blinding light and the is no need for dimming. You will
agree when you see the gauge.

Sounds pretty good to me. However most seem to prefer the analog gauge.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: