Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
You only need it if your state checks for it. Ask your mechanic.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Minne....Sota.
Don't need it...don't want it!
Thanks.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slantnose Steve View Post
Any reason why I shouldn't have the the air injection system permanently removed during my current engine rebuild? I have B & B headers/exhaust system and a K27/7200 turbo on the car now, and see no reason why I can't have the extra weight taken off and have the engine holes plugged. I'll have the mechanic put the parts in a box in case a future owner wants to "restore" the exhaust system.
Steve, I've displayed this chart several times but it's been ignored. My take is, after buying the new turbo and headers you are right back to the boost response available with a functioning air-injection system.

Maybe someone has run tests to disprove this possiblity. Enjoy

Old 11-10-2009, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

That's very interesting, 'copbait.'

My Euro car didn't have the airpump system when I bought it, but I'd have thought that running the pump alone would rob about 5->10bhp from the engine in the same way the A/C system does?

Also, for what car (US, Japan, RoW) is this graph?

190kW = 255BHP, so it's not a very powerful 911 turbo!
Old 11-11-2009, 04:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Hi all got a few questions..

If I want to remove from the top of the engine what do I do so the gas from the head does not escape?do I leave the "valve with the vacuum line to it ?how do i cut the belt I do not see it.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucittm View Post
Some pictures:

Mark
Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great if you could get 6 wideband Lambda sensors to fit into the vacant Air-Injection holes? (Measure the AFR on each cylinder and avoid having a JBL930-cylinder#5 moment at 180mph.)
Old 11-12-2009, 04:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj930 View Post
Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great if you could get 6 wideband Lambda sensors to fit into the vacant Air-Injection holes?
This would be much to close to the cylinder. This position is too hot for the sensor (lifespan) and you get more constant values more off the cylinder.

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 11-12-2009, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

You can moniter egt there .
Old 11-12-2009, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proffighter View Post
This would be much to close to the cylinder. This position is too hot for the sensor (lifespan) and you get more constant values more off the cylinder.
..and along with that, wide band sensors are supposed to be mounted right side or wire end up between 10 and 2 o clock to keep the sensor element away from any possible settled condensation in the exhaust pipe caused by short drives in humid weather.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
..and along with that, wide band sensors are supposed to be mounted right side or wire end up between 10 and 2 o clock to keep the sensor element away from any possible settled condensation in the exhaust pipe caused by short drives in humid weather.
Yeah, I considered that it might be too hot for a Wideband Sensor, but completely forgot about the condensation problem. (Suppose that's what comes from looking at an upside-down photograph! )

With these 6 pre-cut holes, does seem a bit of a shame not to put them to some good use
Old 11-12-2009, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: