Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Gabe

All of us here have followed this build from the beginning. I, for one, am as
excited to see it come together as if it were my own. I understand completely
what you are aiming for and that's just the way I would do it.
I am the original hard core 930 guy and this build has lifted all our spirits
because you have truly captured every "real 930 guys" ultimate dream .

You'll never know how much you have helped me personally. I would sit here in
the middle of the nite, jonesen bad from chemo, and look at your build pics.
My old sled is in the garage and I'm putting it back together, slowly, after paint
and looking at those pics. helped keep me going at a time I didn't have anything left.

I Sincerely Thank You !!!!!

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 01-01-2009 at 09:15 AM..
Old 01-01-2009, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Cole, buddy - I'm lost for words man...for me that's what this car has been about since day 1, its more of the community's car than mine as without all of ya'll wonderful people, it wouldn't be what it is. And I'm very happy that this car has touched as many people as it has.

I'm just so happy I could make someone else's day as bright as mine...especially yours. You're in our prayers man - we have to meet up so you can get a ride
Old 01-01-2009, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Gabe,

That ride would be the greatest. We can see if 600 HP can set off my
defibrillator.

I live in NE Indiana just south of the MI. border East side. If you ever get
close (with or without the car) know you have a place to layover, my wife is a killer cook, and the
Doberman doesn't bite. 260-570-6914

Cole
Old 01-01-2009, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Man when are we going to get some F'ing video of that damn thing bro!!!!!? We need that shi+ Gabe... have some pity on us for the love of GAWD! and just give us what we NEED! ahaha
Old 01-03-2009, 02:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Dyno sessions are a'commin' I promise But you'll have to wait until February.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Yep, I've done that!

Garage
I do not suggest you try painting the black trim on the Lexan, it will not stick, use 3M vinyl, it works perfectly. It is what I had to do on my BMW race car.

Also you can see my home made sliders on the drivers side door. I took Lexan and bent it to form the sliders and then simply cut out a window, added felt stick on pads to keep it from scratching as it slid and fabed a lexan handle. BMWs are much harder as they have no window frame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Well I plan on having the lexan painted in a 2" bead all around the window frame for the rear quarters, doors and rear window and use black riv nuts so it won't be very apparent at all.

I plan on using rivnuts and a sealant to get it to be water tight and more importantly air tight. Althought I might just end up not using rivnuts if there is a good enough expoy sealant around.

Thanks for the replies and info guys! This is the look i'm going for just with a slider in the window:

86' 944 SPEC Car 'In Process' 2013 Debut
Old 09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

I installed the rear lexan window and side windows. I bought the rear window and side window frames from Spektr. They recommended the 3/16" thick rear vs. 1/8". I bought lexan locally for the side windows. I used a 2 pc. aluminum screw instead of rivots. It took me about 6 hrs. to install the back window. I used a butyl glazing tape instead of calk. It's about 95% water tight. I also replaced the vent and door windows with plex. First shot is in race trim, the second shot is street trim.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: