Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Images that make my life worth living...

You know, As I sit here with no money and not having the funds to complete my car (college is bangin me for $15K a semester). I have contemplated selling the car so I could not be riddled with such debt, but looking at the rear of this car in my garage is motive enough to fight to keep it. I will post more images of the rest of the car when I get my "new" steel 930 fenders bolted up.
I just can't bring myself to sell her even in the midst of have mounds of debt. Especially since the car is worth about what I got in the motor...
P.S don't mind the exhaust- I am still in the process of fabricating it and do not have a tig welder to fully weld them, so I got them tacked with my MIG.

2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 12-09-2009, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

That is barely work safe. Simply beautiful!!
1969 Carrera Widebody TurboKraft Custom (Mexico Blue)
2001 E39 M5 Imola/Black-red interior
Old 12-09-2009, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Take a deep breath and hang in there. College will be finished, hopefully, pretty soon and you'll be able to drive that monster to your new vocation. Good luck continuing with the daily fight. Remember to reclassify those fights into rituals. That makes them more enjoyable. You'll be old enough, soon enough and will look back at these times with a smile.

Geoff
Old 12-09-2009, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

A man has to have priorities , besides you cant take all that all that education out and shoot flames with it!!!! Glad to hear you are keeping up the turbo fight. Nice motor by the way.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thank you all, I am going to continue to fight to keep the car. The unfortunate thing is that I only have the money I make working on cars out of my garage and that revenue goes to bills. But when I get out, things will be easier when I get a real job... All that is left on the car is to tune it and paint it- then I can focus on little details to make the car really nice.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 12-09-2009, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Day it one day at a time. Once you get out, you'll have a *****in car paid for and hoprfully a good job.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Kris,

Stunning Car !!!!!

I posted this a while back. I was in much the same spot as you and I know the feeling. Sometimes we can hardly put one foot in front of the other any more because the weight is heavy and the road is long. Never, Never, Never give up.

Hope this helps and it is my true story.

Your a 930 Guy or Your Not

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm older than dirt and I have a Junk Pump and Cancer and I going to tell you a story about a dream.

In 1976 I was working full time with a wife and three kids I was in the 5th year of 7 years of nite school to get my degree. Every nite on the way home from school I passed the Porsche dealership and cruised the lot before going home. Thats when I saw my first Turbo; and God, it took my breath away.

I started reading everything I could find about Turbo's and I was always telling my wife that was my dream car.

One nite I drove through the lot and my Turbo was gone and I was crushed. There was no way I could ever been able to afford it, but some how it seemed like looking at that damn car was what kept me going 70 to 80 hours a week. When I got home I told my wife the Turbo was gone and she replied "it's just a car" and I told her "you don't understand it wasn't just a car, it was my dream".

I finished school and got a better paying job. I found a 76 911 Coupe in the local paper. It wasn't my Turbo but it was a Porsche. I got the old girl home and spent countless houres cleaning and repairing untill she looked and ran pretty nice. I sold her about 6 months later and made about 3 grand on the deal. I continued to buy one, fix it, and sell it for the next few years totaling about 22 Porsches. I've had speedsters, 914-6, 74 Carrera Targa, and even a 73 RS Lightweight with 36,000 kilomoters on it. I had everything except my Turbo.

One weekend I flew to OKC with a friend on a Fri. nite to pick up 2 early SC's I had presold. On the way back I was dirving a really nice 82 SC ROW Coupe that had the nicesest new leather aftermarket steering wheel I had ever seen. When I got home we were cleanng them up for delivery and I decided to swap out that steering wheel for a stock wheel I had. I took that wheel and hung it on a nail in my garage. Nearly everyone who came over commented on the damn steering wheel and I would just say " Thats for my Turbo" Well that damn wheel hung in 5 garages in 11 years and now it's in my Turbo.

Last week I looked at a great 2002 993 Cab for a friend, I call them "pointers" because you don't have to know how to drive em you just point em. I took the 993 by the house to show my wife and she fell in love with it. Of cource my wife says " Why don't you sell yours and get one of those " I simple said "you don't understand; you don't sell your dreams"

That old Turbo is raw, hard, brutal, scary fast, and tries to kill ya everytime you get in it but it still makes me see God; and God I love that Old Sled.

Your a 930 Guy or Your Not and there just isn't any in between !!!

Cole

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 12-09-2009 at 01:17 PM..
Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Awesome story cole. Here's hoping you and the car are around a long time!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sprbxr
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Kris,

" Why don't you sell yours and get one of those " I simple said "you don't understand; you don't sell your dreams"

I did exactly that: sold my C2T trackcar. Regretted it ever since.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Hang in there bro. We're all looking forward to meeting u and your beastie at a Turbopalooza one of these days.

Plus, unlike getting rid of credit card debt, bad recreational habits, or expensive girlfriends, this would be an incredibly bad business decision, considering all of the blood, sweat equity and $$ you've invested. You got to have SOMETHING to look forward to at the end of the tunnel, and i can think of nothing better than getting this bad ass 930 that you put together back on the road. Not to mention, can u imagine some other dude grinning from ear to ear every day he gets into a car you put so much of yourself into??
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 12-09-2009, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Infidel

Don't sell, no matter what happens! As everyone is saying just hang in there, the days will pass, time moves quickly, you'll be on your feet before you know it! Chin up
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 12-09-2009, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I second what everyone said. You'll finish school before you know it (even though it may seem a long time) but you could never replace that 930 if you sell. Well worth letting it sit waiting for funds rather than get pennys on a dollar if you sell not including your time. BTW, that's one mean looking engine!

I recently bought a 930 this past May. Money is tight since my wife got laid off last month and am paying college for my oldest son and soon for my daughter. I won't sell my dream 930 to pay for college.

Cole, I could never tire reading your story. Big thumbs up.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
You know, As I sit here with no money and not having the funds to complete my car (college is bangin me for $15K a semester). I have contemplated selling the car so I could not be riddled with such debt, but looking at the rear of this car in my garage is motive enough to fight to keep it. I will post more images of the rest of the car when I get my "new" steel 930 fenders bolted up.
I just can't bring myself to sell her even in the midst of have mounds of debt. Especially since the car is worth about what I got in the motor...
P.S don't mind the exhaust- I am still in the process of fabricating it and do not have a tig welder to fully weld them, so I got them tacked with my MIG.
Nice!

Find a suger momma!

Some have been successfull suing their parents to make them pay for there education.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Smart people bound for college and life thereafter are not stupid...so don't be stupid! Keep the car, let your college debt stand and pay it off in due course. If you sell the car now, the next thing you know is that you'll gradutate, get married, have a family, go in further debt paying off the education and buying a house....and your past memories of that beautiful 930 you "used to have" will be nothing but fond memories.

Take Cole's advice, and don't sell your dream. You'll just kick yourself.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

you guys are all right- I will keep the car I think, it just sux dumping a bunch of money into something I cannot enjoy right now. Yes it will be soon enough that I can afford to do what I need to in order to finish her- just needs to come sooner. I am going to be in the market for a job by this march, and then Ill be good to keep her I think.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Looks like you spent a semester's worth by installing one of those bolt-on turbo slinky's. I hear it's the latest in pre-charging the turbo.

Seriously tho, I hear you. Good luck on your decision.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Kris-

I tell ya, seeing your progress and having the engine in and back together sure did put a smile on me face - it's been quite some time and you've given it a ton of blood sweat and tears.

Don't ever let it get you down, as easy, completely natural, and overfreakinWHELMING as it all (life!!!) can be. (Continue to) reference Cole's penultimate post (I too never get tired reading it - tx much Cole). Life'll kick you in the nootz ten fold if you let it... the key is to thicken yer skin and kick it f'n back, squared. Fight da powah!

Dewd - you're young, smart, and talented. Got a good head on yer shoulders. The rest will fall into place. Me I joined the Army to pay for college, you do what you gotta do.

I tell ya - I won't ever forget the sound of you holeshottin' outta the top of me road here that night yearses ago. Holy fuchin CRAP - sounded like someone let off a firggin atom fewkin bomeb mere meters from me noggin. I think my psyche actually *ducked* for cover (hmmm - looking back at it and that 2nd pic, you look like some sinister kiniv'in evil bastid planning his wrath - hmmm

>>>jah mon!!!<<<

8)

Keep up the good fight, someday, somehow... you will find your way.

Anytime you're thristy, come on back up for a pick me up. Mine's off the road right now... sucks the huge hairy ones cerainly but again - you do what you gotta do. Really looking forward to updates, and to hanging again - hopefully sooner than later...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Keep up the fight brother - anything worth having costs alot, mentally, physically and emotionally. Mine cost me a marriage, and a few girlfriends since...but in the end you have something that is yours, your blood sweat and tears, your thoughts and your imagination.

Keep the faith and know you're not alone - just like Cole says, you can't get rid of a dream...

On the subject of selling - to quote the great Mark Donohue, "Watching someone else drive your car is like watching another man in bed with your wife..." never give her up brother, can't wait to meet you You're a 930 guy to the core, and a flachbau lover to boot! You have great things in line for you.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Kris-

I tell ya, seeing your progress and having the engine in and back together sure did put a smile on me face - it's been quite some time and you've given it a ton of blood sweat and tears.

Don't ever let it get you down, as easy, completely natural, and overfreakinWHELMING as it all (life!!!) can be. (Continue to) reference Cole's penultimate post (I too never get tired reading it - tx much Cole). Life'll kick you in the nootz ten fold if you let it... the key is to thicken yer skin and kick it f'n back, squared. Fight da powah!

Dewd - you're young, smart, and talented. Got a good head on yer shoulders. The rest will fall into place. Me I joined the Army to pay for college, you do what you gotta do.

I tell ya - I won't ever forget the sound of you holeshottin' outta the top of me road here that night yearses ago. Holy fuchin CRAP - sounded like someone let off a firggin atom fewkin bomeb mere meters from me noggin. I think my psyche actually *ducked* for cover (hmmm - looking back at it and that 2nd pic, you look like some sinister kiniv'in evil bastid planning his wrath - hmmm

>>>jah mon!!!<<<

8)

Keep up the good fight, someday, somehow... you will find your way.

Anytime you're thristy, come on back up for a pick me up. Mine's off the road right now... sucks the huge hairy ones cerainly but again - you do what you gotta do. Really looking forward to updates, and to hanging again - hopefully sooner than later...
LMAO!!! I vote we give Krasusky his own forum or at least a blog (Krasusky's World??) so that i can wake up to funny azz s@#$ like this every morning!

+1
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 12-10-2009, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Drive it like u stole it.

Garage
+1 on keeping it! I kept mine and I am now married. It is the last thing from my single days left. Wifey knows how much it means to me and knows better than suggest any ideas of parting with it. If I had gotten rid of it prior to marriage/kids convincing her that I need one again would surely be difficult.
77 Euro 911 3.0 Wide Body - under construction
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rennsport/collections/72157618856489537/
Old 12-10-2009, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: