Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by RClewett View Post
Jimmcc,

The accuracy of a high resolution ignition system come from the number of points on the crank trigger. Most of the aftermarket systems available don't have the processing power for the high massive amounts of data generated by the 60 minus 2 input.
Richard,

I mis-interpreted your post and thought you were referring to higher resolution than 60 minus 2 which I am familiar with.

Thanks for replying.

Jim
Old 04-28-2010, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Richard,

Excellent info in post 37! Thank you.

Great points.

Apx -20 on boost. One dyno -18 to -23 seems range.

Maybe one more deg for 1 bar.

Apx -2 deg more advance with twin plugs.

Heat in the cylinder from ideal AFR helps ignition.

Can I beg you for:

Recommendations as to timing for a more stock 930 from idle to 3000rpm 'if there were no boost'?

About how much more power are you seeing with twin plugs? I had heard about 3% on a NA motor from just the earlyer advance it runs.

The best.
I think you meant to say about 2 degrees less timing advance with twin plug ignition.

I am also curious what about the influence of RPM on twin plug timing variance from single plug. Is this plus or minus?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

911st,

More boost, less timing. A reasonable place to start is 20 degrees at 1 bar.

The most noticeable benefit from twin plug is improved torque. Top end power is about right at 3% to 5%. Every engine is a little different.

Give me a call about the timing curve, 310-406-8788 M-F 9-4 PT. I need some more information.

Richard.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: