Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Oil catch can, am I doing something wrong here?

I would like to post a few pictures of my setup after replacing the OEM air filter with a K&N, just to be sure that everything is ok before starting the car.

This is my oil catch can:

I intend on routing the oil tank breather hose to the outside through an existing hole in the engine tin (once I have found another piece of hose). Shall I install the K&N filter on it on the outside or just keep the hose as it is?

Here you can see the oil catch can breather hose I have routed to the outside. Is is ok to leave it like this?

Old 07-01-2012, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I think it is fine like that. No need for a breather on it if it is dumping below. When you do the oil breather line I would make a high loop before turning it down under the tin. JMHO
Old 07-01-2012, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Looks like a nice setup. Where did you get the oil catch and and small k/n filters? Got part numbers? I'd like to duplicate this.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

So you are going to run the oil tank vent out of the engine compartment but are going to vent the OEM, turbo drip tank into the engine compartment (might want to vent these fumes outside as well)?

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 07-05-2012 at 03:42 AM..
Old 07-04-2012, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Slayer View Post
Looks like a nice setup. Where did you get the oil catch and and small k/n filters? Got part numbers? I'd like to duplicate this.
There is quite a bit of info on these filters within this previous thread:

BMC F1 Air filter failure
Old 07-05-2012, 03:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Why are you installing a lousy aftermarket crankcase blowby oil mist catch can in a car that already has a much better designed one from the factory in it?

..and putting the oil drain hose from the aftermarket catch can right behind the rear tire is unbelievable.

Truth is everything you've done here with the crankcase blowby system is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930cab89 View Post
I would like to post a few pictures of my setup after replacing the OEM air filter with a K&N, just to be sure that everything is ok before starting the car.

This is my oil catch can:

I intend on routing the oil tank breather hose to the outside through an existing hole in the engine tin (once I have found another piece of hose). Shall I install the K&N filter on it on the outside or just keep the hose as it is?

Here you can see the oil catch can breather hose I have routed to the outside. Is is ok to leave it like this?

Old 07-05-2012, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I've gone native

Similar question,
I installed the fabspeed headers, et al with thier turbo catch can. The original airbox to catch can line I simply capped off. Any better suggestions?
Old 07-05-2012, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Oops.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
Similar question,
I installed the fabspeed headers, et al with thier turbo catch can. The original airbox to catch can line I simply capped off. Any better suggestions?
I'm pretty sure that catch can from Fabspeed has no vent. So yes cap the hole in the airbox that the old catch can used to vent into.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: