Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Brando

Garage
R U faster than a redneck?

I'm confident someone here is. Please get down to that redneck racetrack and kick some carp out if those guys.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
LOVE THIS SHOW.

Its hilarious to see the verbal abuse they dish out and the different muscle cars they hammer around that short track.

I am waiting for them to film at the Glen and I am in.

My friend from Reisentoter region of PCA was on the first episode and did us proud until he blew the engine on his Honda Civic race car 100 yards from the finish line!

Can I get a sponsorship from Pelican to pay my expenses?---ha,ha

Fredmeister
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 05-06-2013, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

All their cars, mustangs and camaros are modded to the max and still
they can't outperform a stock(unmodded) car from japan. In the case of
the Nissan gtr. Don't get me wrong I like muscle cars too but I think when
they start taking on Europe it's really going to get hopeless.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
I love it too but those guys have some serious power and machines to put up against the "imports". I'd like to see a car like some of you guys have with 600hp and 2500lbs. That would be more in the imports favor. Someone had to o it. You won't be looking an engine in two laps man!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

You know you're a redneck muscle car fanatic when....
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Those redneck racers have some serious brakes on those cars,as well as, I suspect, R&P steering.

I used to race a 66 Shelby GT350 in vintage. It had 1966 state of the art brakes (front Lincoln disks, rear Galaxy 500 drums) and the stock steering box. Getting it slowed down for turn 1 at Summit was always a breath taking adventure, nothing like those redneck cars on television.

x: 62 356, 64 356, 76 930, 84 911 Targa, 85 ROW 911, 00 996, 07 Cayman S.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
that track is where we had the Turbopalooza.. ( Jacob blew his engine there)
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 05-06-2013, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

That would be pretty cool to see someone representing us on there.
77 911tt EFI wide body red/ Slightly modified SOLD
Old 05-09-2013, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

They only filmed one season of RU Faster Than a Redneck? and with SPEED going away in a few months, there is hope another network will pick it up for a second season. In the meantime, we are televising our Faceoff event at Road America in June and several of the rednecks from the TV show will be competing in that event.

In fact, almost all of the rednecks from the show have competed in our Ultimate Street Car Invitational and did quite well against some heavily-modified competition from around the globe, including Joey Seely's 911, a 1,000-horsepower GTR from Switzer Performance and a 1,500-horsepower Lamborghini from Underground Racing.

I was at Road America last weekend for the MFBA event and talked to every Porsche driver in the pits, although I'm not sure I convinced any of them to run in our event. Are there any takers here who would like to prove they're faster than a redneck?

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
OPTIMAŽ Batteries (optimabatteries) on Pinterest
Old 05-10-2013, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
"O Gruppe 13"

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to IDGAF27
It is one helluva stretch to call 100K muscle car "redneck" car.

This one represented "redneck car" ( to me ) more than anything else.....

Old 05-10-2013, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Garage Queen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimaJim View Post
They only filmed one season of RU Faster Than a Redneck? and with SPEED going away in a few months, there is hope another network will pick it up for a second season. In the meantime, we are televising our Faceoff event at Road America in June and several of the rednecks from the TV show will be competing in that event.

In fact, almost all of the rednecks from the show have competed in our Ultimate Street Car Invitational and did quite well against some heavily-modified competition from around the globe, including Joey Seely's 911, a 1,000-horsepower GTR from Switzer Performance and a 1,500-horsepower Lamborghini from Underground Racing.

I was at Road America last weekend for the MFBA event and talked to every Porsche driver in the pits, although I'm not sure I convinced any of them to run in our event. Are there any takers here who would like to prove they're faster than a redneck?

Jim McIlvaine

Jim, I have really enjoy watching the Ultimate Street Car Invitational on TV. Tell Optima to keep it up!

I think the final cars to race for the $10K in "RU faster . . ." should be picked from the following with all them track ready and lightened.:

Corvette ZR1
Camero ZL1
2013 Viper SRT
Ford GT or a (12'-13')Mustang Cobra

Now, I know Corvettes and Mustangs are not "muscle cars," but many rednecks own them. Honestly, the show was/is 99 percent comedy and 1 percent racing IMHO. I base no ones performance in that show as a real representation of their car's ability.

Even though I know the show is staged, I still watched hoping a 930 would race.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Interesting that The two that won were both all wheel drive twin turbos. And the Audi Owner said his other car, a Porsche racecar would have "walked the dog" with them so he brought his wifes car. And he said that before he kicked the crap out of those Musclecars. I believe he lied about it's power output though.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Gytis, I noticed the license plate on that El Camino and wondered if those are European rednecks? Stephanie, we will definitely keep the OUSCI going, but we're always looking for new competitors. Surely there must be something in your garage that would be fun to whip around on Road America?

Jim McIlvaine
Old 05-13-2013, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
am I faster than a redneck? Um er uh..........

hmmm - when I ever queried mesself if I ^were such^... I merely swapped drives mit Petey and epiphanied accordingly

dunno man, them thar rednecks is be tough comp eh TIT shun

Tough not to ponder the potential of 'our' own programming like the like, upon viewing what which passes muster these daze.

Let's just say 'this' is on ze radar har... I know nuthhing, nuthhhhhhhhhhing...

Would assuredly be result of / involve many youseseses.

things that makeya go hmmmmm

anywho... Jakester's motor no blowy there, just had a backed out buttplug of somesorts... er... block. The blowby was excessive prior to CMP I believe, and best part is - his car is better off for it, squaredcubedrepeating... xPi...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 05-13-2013 at 07:21 PM..
Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Come to Michigan I will throw down, I have been trying to line up a track day once my car is fully shaken down, I may even be able to get Ralph Gilles to show up with his Viper.
P.S. nobody slapping me in the face.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 05-14-2013, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I believe that the rules stipulate Street tires, fwiw. I was told they made the exige take off its stock tires which are 60 treadware.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Lincoln, unfortunately, TV production schedules are not based on suggestions made on internet message boards or by folks whose cars are not yet ready to perform. If you want to race rednecks in front of a TV audience, you have to come to them, at a time that is convenient for them. The closest the redneck/TV combination is coming to you is across Lake Michigan at Road America late next month. If your car or your buddy's car are ready by then, we'd love to have you compete.

aschen, the cars on the show all ran a minimum of 200 treadwear, DOT-approved, street-legal tires, as do the cars in our events. This is done for many reasons. Many of the competitors run in multiple events each year and while the events are competitive, it is also about having fun. Replacing tires after each event or every other event would put competitive balance heavily in favor of those with deep pockets. Many competitors actually drive their cars to the events, sometimes thousands of miles each way. The events themselves also have a mandatory cruise component, to prove the cars are street-legal and worthy. These take place rain or shine and have even taken place on snowy mountain roads between Las Vegas and Pahrump. Higher treadwear tires also help equalize the competition, making it harder for guys like Mark Stielow to lay down all 800 lb-ft. of torque to his tires (although Mark believes he is still quicker without TC).

Jim McIlvaine
Old 05-14-2013, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
So thanks for the stern admonishing, I made a tongue in cheek statement. I have never seen your show only the trailer where some poor SOB gets slapped, it would be really funny if that happened to me. ROTFLOL
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 05-14-2013, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Linc-I would like to see the poor SOB who would make an attempt to slap you.

He probably would be a poor driver due to the size of his cajones!!

By Ralph Gilles, you mean the fella that works for Chrysler, right?

FWIW, I think the show is pretty cool. Some good natured ribbing by everyone and the cars are nice.

Wayne
Old 05-14-2013, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Ralph is a car guy through and through and he is a very good driver as well. I want to run against his Viper, he told me to name the place.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: