Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Stock = BORING. But I agree with keeping it reversible IF it's considered part of your nest egg. If not and it's just another toy and you have the "you can't take it with you" mindset then do whatever the hell you want and let the purists cry in their box of q-tips.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
There still exists a number of enthusiasts who enjoy old school mods (believe it or not). Old school mods most certainly are much easier to reverse than anything custom, when that time comes. You know what you've got. A 930 is never going to be as powerful or have all the modern gizmos that make new cars so easy to make power. A buddy of mine has a 1000HP Corvette that he has less than $30K in total and drives it everywhere. Goes from the beach getting 30mpg to the track and pulls 6 flat 1/8th mile times. You build your 930 for your own enjoyment, lots of ways to do that.
Right on,
There is only so much "modernizing' you can do and you are still dealing with a very old car. If you want to go fast easily, buy a new car, if you want to go fast with out drivers aids and have it be a handful and dramatic,> Fun, 930.

My car is total "old school" every thing, Ruf 5-speed, Ruf P/C's, intercooler, turbo, exhaust, etc. Andial twin plug distributor with Bosch CDI, Carrillo rods and 935 heads that smoke on startup, it is a stinky, loud, old, dangerous, fast car, Just the way I like it.
I have all the old school stuff because it is Cheap, I paid $25K modifed, a stock 930 would sell for about twice that, around 50k at that time.

My next 'mod' will be a hydraulic clutch linkage, after 30 years/85,000 miles of a heavy clutch, the steel tube in the tub for the clutch cable is ruined with a grove worn in it and I do not want to buy another Ruf cable.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

I loves me some wimminz with angry looks on their faces!!!

I see that some/many people here suggest keeping stock parts fore a possible "what if" moment in the future (70'sBush even spent good money to round up stockers! ), but I do the opposite; I sell the stock parts to originality dorks in order to help pay for go-fast stuff. Butt I do not think of machines as investments, and I certainly do not buy into the "we don't own these cars but are just caretakers of them" malarkey that you see posted in the 911 forum from time to time. To me, these are just cars, and not the cure to cancer or perfect sets of boobs!

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 10-24-2016 at 09:37 AM..
Old 10-24-2016, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
I certainly do not buy into the "we don't own these cars but are just caretakers of them" malarkey that you see posted in the 911 forum from time to time. To me, these are just cars, and not the cure to cancer or perfect sets of boobs!
Oh man do I completely agree and roll my eyes when I hear the "caretaker" comments. What a bunch of upper crust malarkey. With the current directions of our government, global warming and electric cars that drive themselves. You better enjoy the fossil fuel freedom while you can. Our days are numbered and theses cars will be illegal and worthless before the end of my lifetime. Rush Red Barchetta Prophecy.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
^^^

I loves me some wimminz with angry looks on their faces!!!
Shyte! Your wife has the same look on her face all the time!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2016, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann427 View Post
Shyte! Your wife has the same look on her face all the time!!!!!!!!!
Yes, IcyHotness, you definitely do!!!
Old 10-24-2016, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Yes, IcyHotness, SHE definitely do!!!
Fixed it for ya! ha!!
Old 10-24-2016, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficke View Post
Right on,
There is only so much "modernizing' you can do and you are still dealing with a very old car. If you want to go fast easily, buy a new car, if you want to go fast with out drivers aids and have it be a handful and dramatic,> Fun, 930.

My car is total "old school" every thing, Ruf 5-speed, Ruf P/C's, intercooler, turbo, exhaust, etc. Andial twin plug distributor with Bosch CDI, Carrillo rods and 935 heads that smoke on startup, it is a stinky, loud, old, dangerous, fast car, Just the way I like it.
I have all the old school stuff because it is Cheap, I paid $25K modifed, a stock 930 would sell for about twice that, around 50k at that time.

My next 'mod' will be a hydraulic clutch linkage, after 30 years/85,000 miles of a heavy clutch, the steel tube in the tub for the clutch cable is ruined with a grove worn in it and I do not want to buy another Ruf cable.
+1... my kind of car!
Old 10-24-2016, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

I really like IckyFicke's car, too; only lacking one thing to make it truly boss, and it will likely get it at some point (when the dude is finished fooling around with slow car builds! )!
Old 10-24-2016, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Registered

Old 10-24-2016, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonger View Post
What mod is this ^^^, Frank?!?! Looks interesting!
Old 10-24-2016, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I have a
- 67S - modifed
- 78 930 - heavily modified
- 08 GT3 RS - modified
and hopefully a 54 356 Cab, which will be outlawed.

I can't leave them stock. However, if I had a 918, Carrera GT, 904, 906 - those would probably remain stock (other than some wheel changes)
08 GT3 RS (white/black) (modified of course)
67 911S outlaw (sold)
Old 10-24-2016, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
There still exists a number of enthusiasts who enjoy old school mods (believe it or not). Old school mods most certainly are much easier to reverse than anything custom, when that time comes. You know what you've got. A 930 is never going to be as powerful or have all the modern gizmos that make new cars so easy to make power. A buddy of mine has a 1000HP Corvette that he has less than $30K in total and drives it everywhere. Goes from the beach getting 30mpg to the track and pulls 6 flat 1/8th mile times. You build your 930 for your own enjoyment, lots of ways to do that.
Couldn't agree more - tuning CIS with period mods (Andial shortneck, K27, headers, etc) then outrunning modern stuff is just so fun and gratifying.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: